operation find windblums is a go!

A/N- so like I said ill probably post part 2 today tomorrow ill do two parts too. also, I added a title to this one because I have one but don't for the first one so bare with me, please!!!
art by chiro on reddit

In the morning venti woke up stretching as he felt the warm sun on him, it felt nice.

He then collected the rest of his apples and put them in his bag before opening his wind glider and gliding down from the statue.

once he was on the ground he quickly left the city and went looking for the windwheel flowers. It wasnt difficult they are fairly easy to find actually.

and of course effortlessly venti found a couple a tone of them  as he started to pick them happily.

As he did though  venti was second-guessing this whole plan. he didn't want diluc to get pissed off at him or for him to break his heart. He took a deep breath and finished picking the last flower. He held them in his hands before he went to find something to tie them together to make them look pretty . 

~~~~~~~~

Venti went back to the city and went to ask Barbra first if she had any ribbon or anything he could use.

Barbra told venti to wait while she went to look for anything he could use. She didn't question why venti needed them which gave the bard some less necessary explaining to do.

she soon found some leftover ribbon from the decorations for windbum as bardra gave them to venti and he thanked her befor leaving.

He had gone back to the barbatos statue and sat in the hands again as he tied it together. Excited to ask diluc but also very much nervous.

~~~~~~~~~

Soon the sun started to set. Venti then went to find diluc before he entered the tavern knowing it would be less embarrassing since there wouldn't be anyone to judge or make fun of them.

He soon spotted diluc walking to the tavern as he caught up with him stopping the taller male.

"oh, master diluc!!!~" venti said happily. diluc let out an annoyed sigh as he turned and looked at venti "what now" he said crossing his arms.

venti stood there with the flowers behind his back as he took a deep breath "ah well... I wanted to ask you something" he said avoiding eye contact
"Well spit it out already or I'm leaving," diluc said growing more and more impatient
"ah right well...uhm...you see I've liked you for some time now and well...would you go to windblum with me," he asked as he pulled the windwheel flowers tied together with the ribbon he had gotten from barbra out from behind his back. He felt his cheeks heat up as he blushed and continued to look away. He thought about how stupid he probably looked but didn't care. 

Diluc stood there surprised as he looked at venti 
"..is this some sick joke venti?" he asked being serious "I already told you I don't like windblum what makes you think I would go with you, let alone like you" he said as
venti stood there heartbroken wven though he was expecting this.

He looked at diluc and held back tears as he laughs " haha yeah I know...it was just a joke I wanted to pull on you ..you know me" he said putting the flowers to his side 

diluc, on the other hand, knew something was off. he was regretting what he said but couldn't go back now. sure he said he  didn't like venti but he actually did like and care for the bard. He just said that because  diluc was just caught off guard and honestly he didn't know how to react no ones ever said this to diluc let alone actually like him.

"ah well...ill let you get to work now...enjoy the rest of your night master diluc" venti said as he turned and disappeared. diluc watch him and sighed 'i messed up' he thought to himself befor going into the tavern. 

~~~~~~

venti on the other hand had ran off to the big tree in windrise and leaned back to it as he slumped down. he knew this would happen but it still hurt, it hurt him deeply.

Venti decided to spend the night at that tree as he continued to cry replaying what happened in hes head.

"maybe this was a stupid idea" venti said to  himself " now he's gonna avoid you and probably kick you out of the tavern if you step one foot in there" he said to himself again. Venti then brought his legs up to his chest as he laid his head on his knees. 

venti had ended up falling asleep as he scored softly not caring if he  gets cold or not. 

~~~~~~~~

In the morning venti had woken up. his eyes were puffy a bit from crying and his cheeks were stained with his tears but he didn't care.

He sighed and got up leaving the flowers he picked at the tree before heading back to the city. He had wiped his face before he got back so no one would ask or question what happend. Venti heard people around get excited about windblum tomorrow but vwnti wasn't excited for it anymore.

He saw people ask other people to enjoy the festival with them. They said yes and venti wished that happened with him and diluc, he sighed before he had spotted the traveler and walked up to him.
"Well hello traveler fancy seeing you here" he said trying to sound as happy as he could.

Aether looked at him and smiled "hello venti" he said softly
venti smiled "hello to you to also and of course you to paimon" he said softly " I suppose you guys are here for windblume am I right?" Venti asked.

Aether nodded "yup we decided to come this year" Aether said as venti nodded

" well I hope you two enjoy it" he said before walking off. he walked around the city trying to forget about diluc but he couldn't he just couldn't as he continued to walk around.

Venti then  noticed a familiar face and of course it was diluc. venti felt annoyed and upset thay he spotted him, but he noticed there was someone else with him. It was some girl and as venti guessed she was asking diluc to go to the windblum festival with her. Before venti could see anything else he walked away, he felt his heart sink just thinking about diluc saying yes. He held back tears as he felt sick to the stomach as he walkd  back to the tree in windrise to attempt to clear his head.

------------

A/N welp another chapter done but writing this made me sad poor venti ehe

word count: 1154