19: Sweet

"You brought me to a sweet shop?"

Kuroo smiled. "Yep."

"Why?"

"Cuz this is the perfect place for you."

"Again, why?"

He grinned. "Cuz you're sweet."

You giggled. "You're so cheesy sometimes."

He shrugged. "Maybe. But you don't seem to hate it."

You look away, a very light pink hue tinting your cheeks. "I don't hate it...."

"Anyways, I thought you'd like taking a look at the different sweets this shop sells." Kuroo looks away, rubbing the back of his neck while a blush begins creeping its way onto his cheeks.

"Well, um... I guess we can try some of their sweets. Since we're here and all."

Kuroo nodded, leading you over to a booth in a corner of the shop. "I did have other plans for after this. I mainly just got excited over trying sweets."

You nod, making eye contact with the tall boy. "That's fine. What else did you want to do with me around?"

"I had to run some errands, but I wanted someone else to come with me and provide their own input. Sorry, but I'll be dragging you to a few stores today."

You wave him off. "Don't worry about it. I have money in case I wanna get some stuff too. Coming along and helping you isn't bothering me."

"Glad to hear it. But, uh... I'll be paying for the sweets since I asked you to come help me. Think of it as a thank you."

You smile, chuckling quietly. "Alright, I guess I can't argue about getting free food."

He chuckled. "Yeah. So, has anything on the menu caught your eye yet?"

You shrug, eyes scanning over the menu. "It all sounds good. I'm not sure which one I'll order."

Kuroo hummed. "I think I'll just try their cake of the day. And their honeydew bubble tea."

Something on the menu had finally caught your eyes. "Mochi ice cream assortment and the coconut bubble tea."

🧋🧋🧋

"How is it?"

You look up from your mochi ice cream assortment, eyes focusing on the boy in front of you. "It's really good. How's yours?"

He took a quick sip of his bubble tea. "Really sweet. Wanna try?"

You nod. "Gimme a taste."

He pushed his cake and bubble tea towards you, allowing you to taste. "Can I have some of yours?" A light blush spread across his face.

You hadn't noticed it, too caught up in the sweets on the table. "Of course. You're the one that paid. You have a right to try if you want."

Kuroo smiled as he tasted both your food and your drink. "You have good taste in sweets, Kitty."

"You two, Tetsu. Honeydew bubble tea is actually really sweet."

"I just thought it looked interesting. I hadn't tried it before."

You nod. "Yeah. Anyways, what exactly did you need to get later? Like, what kind of stores do you plan on going to?"

Kuroo looked away briefly. "Well, there were a few new sports shops opening up, and I wanted to check those out. You... you don't have a problem with that, do you?"

You shake your head. "None at all. I kinda wanna check out a few of those stores, too."

"R-really?"

You nod. "Yeah. Women's sporting wear is actually really comfy. And I tend to need more braces and wraps, just in case."

"In case of what?"

"Ah, well, I sometimes get pain if I work myself too hard. I usually keep braces and wraps on hand for those instances. It's also good to have those around in case others get injured or just need them."

Kuroo beamed at you. "That's very sweet of you, Kitty."