2

July 7th

Perfect, 9:25 in the morning, indeed, I couldn't sleep at all, I was just thinking about what would be new in the attic, and something else, but they didn't matter. If I managed to sleep, it may have been for 20-10 minutes.

I turned my head to the right with a look more tired than I look to look at Leanne's bed, she was still sleeping. I got up and approached her. "Hiii, time to get up" Fortunately, my gaze no longer looked or felt as tired as before, so Leanne wouldn't see it. "Good morning, Leen, let's have breakfast." She told me as she stretched her arms and settled to get out of bed to go down to the kitchen and have breakfast.

In truth, I had no appetite for breakfast, I just wanted to go to the attic, it's the only thing more important, and also my father's funeral that will be tomorrow. The only thing I had for breakfast so as not to receive worried glances from my aunt and cousin or scolding from my mother, was an apple with a glass of water.

"Well, when you want we can go to the attic" I wanted to get up immediately, but I couldn't, I didn't want to give signs. Just finish the apple and take the last sip of water from the glass. When we all finished having breakfast -obviously my uncle was not there, something is hidden and something is avoided, those thoughts got bigger- it was when the three of us went to the attic, my nerves increased.

"Well, now that we are here, as you can see, we change the sofas to have more space for future objects." Yes, but as soon as I realized it, Leanne was gone, and that there was a blanket covering a corner from the ceiling and that it covered very little of the floor. I was curious, but more than I was before, but as I was looking around the corner, I received a rather harsh nudge from my mother.

If I lost my balance, I could have fallen.

"Hey Maya, you don't have to do that to her, don't be like that with her" My aunt said and then approached me and asked me if I was okay, whispering. I responded with a nod, here begins Darleen's lie show. 

"Agh, it's just that she's not paying attention to you, and I hate having to do this, she's almost 19 now. What I would give for her to be just like Fabian" After hearing again for I don't know how many times in my life that my brother is better than me, my aunt finished teaching us everything she had. I told them that I would go for a walk, I need to get some air, I need to think, and I usually do that better outside.

Suddenly, I turned my head to the left, and to my surprise, I found Leanne, playing with a cat.

"Leanne, what are you doing?" I asked her in a soft tone of voice, without having moved from where I was, she turned a little surprised and told me to come closer to where she was. "His name is Benjamin, I talk to him every morning since I met him 4 months ago" She introduced me to a white and slightly greyish cat, although the gray color is more noticeable due to the dirt it brings, it is a cute cat with a state that if it gets worse, it could die, I did not resist petting it.

"Hey, I was about to go for a walk, do you want to come with me?" I asked while continuing to pet Benjamin. "Yes please, can we go to the park too? I want to go play with my friends" She told me while her eyes shone.

"Yes of course, even Benjamin can come" I said as I finally stopped petting the soft cat and got up. " Benjamin only hangs around this part of Dorset, so he can't come with us" She said as she got up and the cat ran towards the nearest house.

We started walking towards the park, which was 15-20 minutes away, so for me, it's a good walk to stretch my legs and think. I know that at any moment I will have to discover what that corner hides, and it will have to be soon, I don't think I have much time.