7

Apparently heads came out, I'll have to go to the attic then, hopefully maybe I'll even become a kind of ghost of this house. I left my room, and the first thing I saw was my mother. I should have rigged that coin so it would have come up tails, well, it seems that it is not going to be possible.

"What are you doing?" My mother asked me, almost about to go to the stairs. "I was looking to see if there was a medicine in my backpack" I may be almost a compulsive liar, but I would never lie about my health, physical, we are talking about physical health.

"For what or who?" My mother said moving closer to the stairs, wait, I didn't realize that dinner time was almost now. "For throat irritation and it's for me" She looked at me with a confused and serious face the way she almost always looks at me. "And how the hell is it that you have a sore throat in the middle of summer" Said screaming in whispers. "That's what I also wonder, I have no idea" Well, I have said that I do not lie about my physical health, by that I meant to admit that I feel bad, which is a big step since it is difficult for human beings to admit that they feel bad, and they always hope to be well because they think that They are made to be, when in reality it is the opposite, human beings hardly feel good. But going back to the main thing, I am not lying about feeling physically ill, but I do lie about how I have come to feel physically ill, since the reasons seem absurd to me, and obviously they will seem more absurd if I tell someone about them, and even more so if is someone with high expectations of me, as it is in this case.

Obviously I do know that the sore throat is the result of having been stupid yesterday and not having showered. If I tell my mother that, she will tell me anything but 'poor of my little daughter', since she will see it as a very childish reason, and since I am almost 19, that is not an appropriate way to act at 19, well I think that nothing I do is the appropriate way to act at my age, but what does it matter, after all, I will soon be an adult, the appropriate way to act will come to me like magic at that exact moment. 

"And from what I see, you didn't have any medication" My mother told me looking at my hands, I shook my head. "Well, I'll see if I have something to give you" On the outside, I looked like the same old Darleen who has zero importance to the outside world or herself, the Darleen who has very monotonous responses and always represents seriousness. But inside I felt... excited? Basically like a little girl when after so much battling she realizes she is about to get what she wanted, could it be that the 5 or 6 year old mini Darleen got what she wanted? I never had these kinds of interactions with my mother, and if she did have those kinds of interactions, it was with my father.

I followed her to her room, to see if she was looking for the medicine that I need. A normal human reaction would be to look around the room and just look at your mother when she says something to you, but for some reason I felt so different that I stared at her looking for the medicine.

"Well I have nothing" She tells me looking at my face. "Also, what was your idea of getting a sore throat on the summer trip?" She told me in a way that made me doubt two things:

1. She had told me as if it had been my fault, which is true, but did she realize that what I told her was a lie?

2. Did she say summer trip? For what I know, the reason we are here, in this exact place, was for my father's funeral, not because we urgently needed a fantastic vacation in this village, as she seems to have just said, and this can't even be called a trip

And finally, I realized that he is still wearing the same clothes since before my father's funeral. 

With nothing else to do, realizing what time it is, I decided not to stay still near the door of my mother's room and I went downstairs so that soon I can start having dinner.