Chapter 62

"Hey," I say to Scott as he opens the door after a knock on his door.

"Hey, what's up, dude?" He responds, and I step in while he closes his door.

With a bottle of Skyy vodka on the table, I swerve to sit in his reading chair. I don't respond to Scott, but instead reach for a glass to pour some vodka into.

"Guy, that's for our sign-out party," He cautions me, but I ignore him and open the bottle.

I pour some into the glass and take a shot.

"I'll get a new one," I finally say, taking another shot and letting out a deep sigh.

He remarks, "It must be difficult for you to see Jeff that way."

"The worse it gets, I can't do anything," I respond, and now I'm taking my third shot.

I then buried my face in my hands on the table.

"Your father will sort things out, trust him," He admits, and I scoff. We hear a knock on the door before I had a chance to respond to him.

He rises from his bed and steps toward the door to open it.

"Guy, betraying your best friend is the last thing I..." I turned around when I heard Tracy's voice and looked up to see that she had already barged into the room.

For her to stop short of saying more, she must have seen me.

However, she was confronting Scott about betraying his best friend, who is me, according to what I overheard her say.

I look at the two who are in front of me near the door. While Scott maintains his gaze on the ground, Tracy is gazing into nothing else.

Scott's expression is so ashamed.

"What the hell is going on?" As I get to my feet, I break the silence.

"Hi, Mike." Tracy smiles phonily as she extends a greeting. "I didn't know you were here,"

"Then thank God I was here," I snidely reply. "Scott, why would you betray me? What have you done?" Scott looks at me when I ask him those questions.

"I don't know what she was talking about," He shrugs and I observe Tracy rolling her eyes.

"What the heck were you talking about Tracy?" Looking more serious, I demand.

"I'm sorry, Mike," She says. "You have done enough for me, and I can't lie to you...I can't deny that I just found out this guy has been stitching on you on your father's orders,"

"What!" I scream in disbelief while glaring at Scott.

"I'm sorry, I can explain," He pleads with his eyes. "It's not what you think,"

"So what is it then? "I'm all ears," I manage to reply before readjusting my seat and sulkily putting my hands over my face.

"He asked me to keep him updated on your whereabouts," He begins and I interrupt, going insane.

"And you agreed on that?" I interject. "You told him everything, including my desire to sell my whip," I asked.

He is unable to even speak when I add.

"Gosh!" I scream, my eyes filling with tears as I think back to how I used to wonder how Dad knew details about Ren and me while I was constantly confronting Tracy.

I'm so hurt that Scott could do this to me. "Wait! Were you the one who told Nicholas that I visited Ren's father in jail?'

"It was your father's idea," He replies, and I can't help but chuckle as I can't believe it despite the tears in my eyes.