Chapter 21

"You're really leaving." Kate whispered into the air, letting the weight of the words set on to her as the two of you lay on the couch, her back against your front as you held her from behind.

"I came for the avengers, I left my life back in Australia to possibly help them but when I found out I was being used, I had no reason to be here Kate." You explained as she played with your hands in silence. When she didn't say anything, you continued, "I don't belong here. I need somewhere away from all the drama."

"Then let me come with you." She sat up, turning around to face you and by her expression you knew she was serious.

"You have too much here to stay for an-"

"After meeting you, you're the only reason I'd stay," she smiled softly and you wanted to fight against it but she added, "if you're not here, we'll belong somewhere else. England, France, Germany, I don't care. Wherever you are, I want to be."

"Kate-"

"No," she shook her head, cutting you off before you had the chance to fight her on this because no matter how hard you tried, she wasn't letting you win this one. "You can say what you like, you can be stubborn, moody, cranky- don't give me that look-" she cut herself off, pointing at you with a warning which made you laugh before she continued, "-You can be anything, good or bad, but I really like you Y/n and I'm not going to watch you leave, not without me." Her eyes held yours, you had nothing to say.

You wanted to argue your point, but you couldn't. You didn't want to. Letting it all sink in, you lean in and touch her lips with yours, in a way that's so soft it tingles through your whole body.

She adjusted herself so she was straddling you and the two of you kissed, delicately and ever-so-softly. She cupped your cheeks, her thumb caressing your cheek gently.

How could you ever leave her?

How could you ever have a life other than her?

"I'm coming with you." She repeats against your lips, promising you as her tone was filled with a warning tone to show you she wasn't ever letting you go. Not like this.

"Okay." You found yourself whispering, now realizing you can't turn back.

The next morning Kate had left to pack whatever she was needing, yes she stayed the night, she didn't have to tell anyone because really, there was no one to tell. She was stable with money so that wouldn't be a problem for her, she had Lucky who she was obviously taking and she had you. She was ready, finally being able to leave this place like she had wanted to for many years of her life.

You were something that finally gave her that reason she had been searching for.

You went into the bookstore just minutes before it opened to the public and Jacob was surprised to see you on your day off but when you explained your reason, his face fell in sadness. Knowing you for such a little amount of time yet growing a great bond with you was enough to upset the blond, curly haired boy.

Sometimes the color of his hair makes you miss someone of the same shade of blond.

Thinking of Yelena, your mind drifts to Clint. You remembered him telling you something about Wanda being untraceable, it made you want to search for her knowing no one else was and if they were it wouldn't be in a way that's somewhat respectful.

You had a few ideas as to where Wanda could be, but you also knew that she wasn't going to let anyone in. Maybe if you could find her and speak to her, you could bring her back but as it stands, you didn't have the time for that. Your flight leaves tomorrow morning so the Wanda situation would have to wait a little longer and hopefully she would have come back by then.

The last you saw of her was when you went to the tower so you couldn't think of anything that could have possibly caused this outbreak of hers but she would always be your family, just like Clint had said.

She left you on that mission, she let them take you just like the others allowed, but Clint was right. She was one of the ones who tried to stop it from happening, she also tried to find you on multiple occasions when the team went unaware of it because in reality, she would always love you like a sister and no conflict between the two of you could possibly change that.

Back at your apartment, you were sure that you had everything as you checked it over one last time before showering and dressing yourself into some nightwear. It was a long day with the amount of things that needed to be done so the welcoming comfort of your bed soon helped you relax.

Soaking yourself up in the covers, you let everything but one person leave your mind before you fell asleep for the last time in your bed. Things were going to be great