Chapter 1: The Last Trip

God's Pov

His eyes grew weary as he continued to passively observe his new classmates indulging in unnecessary chit-chat. The sore inclination in each one of them to willingly imprison themselves inside a vicious social circle. 

A circle sustained by self-created problems and ill-treatments capable of providing only repulsive immediate gratification.

But what fueled Max's contempt right now was neither his misanthropic attitude nor his disinclination towards interacting fruitlessly.

Our little bird had always known to flap his feathers and sore to the skies whenever he sought so.  

Days, weeks, months, and years had drilled this as nothing more than a normal routine. It was precisely because of that when he founds its flight being shunned by that very object of admiration i.e. his uncle who had permitted him to flap in the first place, it was inevitable for him to fall down the stairs.

In Max's eyes,  this school was simply a hubris of a place seeking to teach about liberty, freedom, and openness in a closed environment while depriving an individual of those very essences.

Since the early age of three, He had already started to show his interest in deduction, reasoning, and solving mysteries just like his predecessors and his uncle, who now remained his only living relative.

It wasn't that he despised social interactions but always made a point to only engage as much as necessary. In his dictionary that meant keeping people at arm's length except for investigative purposes. 

So it was nothing short of irony, to say the least, that fate had cursed him with distinctive silver hair and black eyes.  A sight that never failed to catch the very unnecessary attention that he sought to avoid at any cost.

Eventually, over time, he had come to terms with it and even gained fame as a minor detective when he managed to lend his wits in a couple of small cases in his locality.

His heart ached ever strongly to act on its desires to the fullest, yet he kept his feelings within check all in the utopian prospects of accompanying his uncle once he reaches the age of ten.

Alas! The endearing promise by his uncle turned white as the first lie from Lucifer's lips. Just within a year, he was reduced to a mere caged bird once again. 

Despite all this, no shred of ire found a place in Max's heart. All he felt was utter disgust at the very thought of being disappointed with his uncle's choice for the first time in his life. 

His position was akin to the vaseline-coated leaves seeking to breathe; he also could find no solace in the institute of dreams and distinction that many strived to access.

........

After fifteen long minutes, the homeroom teacher finally entered the classroom, bringing an end to the seemingly endless session of relationship-building among the students. The teacher started explaining the course syllabus, tests, and schedule for the semester. 

While Max had never been fond of these info-dumping rants by teachers, he found a momentary sense of relief in this mundane routine. If enduring such unavoidable annoyance meant escaping the peculiar gazes directed at him, he would gladly suffer in this anguish for eternity.

Thankfully, the final bell rang soon enough, sparing Max from the monotonous lecture that threatened to drain the life out of him.

________________INFO_________________
For Junior Term in Wonavilla (William Wonavilla Hostel, Bedford)
6:00 am to 7:00 am - Dress-up Time
7:00 to 7:30- Breakfast