Chapter 39: The Tussle

April 22, 2014

God's Pov

It is common human nature to stop and spectate whenever someone is being apprehended by police and especially if such an incident happens to take place, the people living in the nearby buildings are bound to suspend their little tasks, hoping to sneak a peak at the scene. To form their idle interpretations and stories to include in their jolly gossip with their friends and co-workers.

Though Shortlist Alleyway, was a little different in this regard, for the only souls that rested in these dark cloud-like towering buildings from both sides were hordes of crows, who had seemed to well-settled themselves in the balcony of such structures spreading straws, leaves in it and on the floor of alley as well.

So the only spectators to the restrainment of Dave Scot by two constables overseen by the sub-Inspector Harrison were a few lonely crows beside a little too-happy silver-haired boy. Crossing his arms firmly against his chest, the unmistakable delight of victory was well-lucid on Max's face.

After making sure that Dave had been firmly restrained, Harrison turned his attention to the young boy before him. Like many other policemen in Liverpool, he was also quite fond of reading about the boy's adventures.

To not only see him but also be able to help him out of trouble -was almost surreal like a dream. In any other situation, he sure would have leaped in to pick on this little genius's brain but it was apparent to Harrison that the boy despite his calm composure was clearly a little shaken by having to go through the ordeal.

'It was only natural of course for a kid. 'Harrison thought. 'Not knowing that his plan would actually work or help would even arrive in time would cause anxiety in even the strongest of hearts..' 

Though the fact that an intruder someone actually managed to attack a hotel near the defense colony and kidnap a young teenage boy had certainly raised an alarm in Harrison's mind and he couldn't help but question the efficiency of his subordinates, tasked to patrol the area.

"Mr. Harrison..." Max clicked his fingers as the latter squinted his eyes at me gesturing that he was all ears, seeing which he continued, with a small smile on his face. "You have my gratitude. Don't take it as an offense but the police have been inefficient on occasions far more than I can count. But I am glad that it wasn't the case ...today" 

Harrison let out a small chuckle, as he nodded his head. "No need, kid. Being thanked for performing only our obligations is hardly worthy of gratitude. Rather it is us, .." Harrison let out a puff of air as his chest heaved in as he forwarded his hand to Max. "us ..who need to make amends for letting such eventuality happen in the first place."

"Right," Max admitted relaxing his shoulders, receiving the Sub-Inspector's hands heartily. Max's gratitude was genuine, and with a friendly nod, Harrison turned his attention to the restrained Dave.

 Dave's eyes were looking at the ground downcast, as his arms were tied up crisscrossed with each other with rope tightly but almost inaudible muttering was clearly persistent. Amidst Dave's unsettling mutterings, the constables discussed their attempts to keep him quiet

"Sorry sir...we were trying to shut him up but he just seemed to go on incessantly ever since he was restrained." One of the constables holding Dave's right arm answered hurriedly as he saw an indignant expression on Harrison's face.

"Must be thinking of stupid plans to escape probably sir. " Another constable holding Dave's left arm responded as the silence continued. "But don't worry, we have disarmed him of all weapons."

Harrison narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the restrained man before him. Harrison leaned in, hoping to glean some insight into Dave's strange mutterings