Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Dreadful Moment

"That move. What is it called?" Junwu asked, relief was shown on his face as if a heavy burden was released.

"Shattering boulders on the chest." Xie Lian, who stared down on Junwu's weakened body laying on the ground, responded.

"..."

After a few moments, the villain snickered. "Beautiful."

Xie Lian had no idea what to do next, and so he  looked over at the ghost king clad in red. The man was quietly waiting for him with arms crossed.

Seeing Xie Lian turn his head back, he smiled.

Xie Lian took off the bamboo hat from his back and placed it over to cover Junwu's face before setting off to Hua Cheng in his battered face.

"SAN LANG!"

Hua Cheng was immediately tackled by the man in an embrace. He wrapped his arms around him and smiled happily.

"Gege, you see? I already told you you'd win for sure didn't I?" He then sighed once he saw Xie Lian's face. "You've made yourself like this again."

The man clad in white robes said happily, "I won't next time!"

Hua Cheng scolded, "There is no next time."

"San Lang, before, in Mount Tong'lu, I did say that after we got out there was something I wanted to tell you. Do you still remember?"

Hua Cheng smiled. "Of course I remember. I remember everything gege tells me."

Xie Lian gathered all his courage and spoke, "Earlier, Jun Wu divulged some bits and pieces, and they’re related to this. To be honest, I should’ve told you this a long time ago, I just could never resolve myself to, because I was afraid you’d find out…"

Hua Cheng continued for him, "Afraid that I’d find out Your Highness almost became the White-Clothed Calamity, right?"

"..." Xie Lian was bewildered, "You…?"

The ghost king's response was indirect, kneeling on the ground on one knee and gazing back at the other.

"How’s this? Gege, with this, do you remember now?" He asked, smiling.

How could he not remember?

Xie Lian could see a pale mask overlapping Hua Cheng's face, the same male mask worn by a nameless ghost who frequently bends down like this in front of him.

With shakey legs, he slumped down in front of Hua Cheng. "San Lang, it...it was you!"

The man chuckled, "Your Highness, I've always watched you."

He never imagined that Wuming as Hua Cheng all along.

He knows everything! He had seen everything!

He finally understood what all those seemingly unintentional words from Hua Cheng had meant.

At this moment, he felt thousands of emotions that he felt that his heart was going to burst. Above all the rest, he felt love, and he couldn't express it through words.

"SAN LANG!" I love him so much!

Hua Cheng was once again tackled in an embrace, forcefully having to sit in the ground.  The sound of Xie Lian's laughter pleased him.

However, happiness didn't last when Xie Lian felt something was wrong in Hua Cheng's body.

That was when the crowned prince on Xianle noticed the other's vivid red robes were somehow becoming transparent.

He panicked, "San Lang?! What's going on?!"

Hua Cheng, "It’s nothing. I’ve just overdone it a little."

"Why didn’t you tell me this sooner, how can this be nothing?" Xie Lian figured it must've been the spiritual powers. "I'll return it to you."

True to his words, he planted his lips onto Hua Cheng's and tried to transfer all his spiritual powers.

It did not work, and Xie Lian attempted to do it again but Hua Cheng cupped his cheeks and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Although I’m happy gege is so forward, there’s no need to give me any spiritual powers anymore. But, if gege isn’t just lending spiritual powers and simply wanted to kiss me, I don’t mind at all. In fact, the more the better, I welcome it with open arms."

His body is disappearing and he still had the time to joke around! How can he be so calm?!

When Xie Lian asked him what was going on, Hua Cheng replied with a hint of reassurance. "Just taking a little break, that’s all. Gege, don’t be scared."

"How can I not be scared? I’m gonna go crazy!" Xie Lian gripped on Hua Chengzu's robes, a terrified expression visible on his face. "What do I do?!"

The ghost king wrapped Xie Lian in his arms and spoke. "Your Highness, I’ve always watched you.”

"I know, I know. But...what should I do now?" The crowned prince can feel slender fingers running through his locks.

"Then, Your Highness, do you know why I refuse to leave this world?"

When Xie Lian asked why, Hua Cheng replied quietly, "Because I have a beloved who is still in this world."

-

:(