Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - A Year

Xie Lian looked back. The glimmering glows in the night sky shown brightly that painted the sky with light.

He mumbled to himself, "So, it's the Shangyuan Festival today."

Has it been only a year?

At this moment, the Heavenly Officials of the Upper Court were probably battling lanterns again.

He could almost imagine their voices from afar, cheering and boasting among themselves.

He suddenly remembered that back then, he and Hua Cheng first met during Shangyuan Festival.

The small child that had his face fovered in filth and gashes, squeezed through the sea of people.

The moment when the seventeen year old Crown Prince of Xianle looked up, he saw a silhouette of a person falling.

Without thinking, he had leapt to his feet.

Xie Lian fished out two red dice from his sleeve and tossed it. His palm caught them before they hit the ground and it revealed three and four.

He sweatdropped at the result.

The Heavenly Emperor tossed them again and got the numbers one and six.

His shoulders dropped and sighed. He did not know whether to laugh or to cry.

The cogs in his brain worked up to the thought that his luck already ran dry.

On the third attempt, he got five and three.

On the fourth attempt, he got two twos.

On the fifth attempt, he got four and six.

On his sixth attempt, finally, it seems that luck has taken pity on him and gave him two threes. There he was transported back to the garden.

Everything is still the same. Like nothing ever happened.

However, when Xie Lian's eyes landed on the casket, he was surprised to see no one.

The butterflies flew in his direction before passing by him like a wind. Their wings flapped and gently touched his skin.

Is San Lang awake?

Xie Lian could not keep his excitement at bay. He dashed to where the silver butterflies led him and only froze at the scene.

There it was a red cladded figure letting go of the last lantern in his hand to the sky as countless of Blessing Lanterns flew up in the sky.

His back was facing Xie Lian, but the God knew that was his San Lang.

The Hua Chengzu that he was willing to wait until the very day he woke up. Now he is standing right in front of him, intact.

His legs felt heavy as if it was nailed to the ground. The man turned around so that he could see him clearer.

Robes redder than maple, skin as white as snow. On his handsome face there was still that significant wildness and a feral aura, a proudness cannot be cut down.

Although he was wearing his signature black eye patch, an eye that was as bright as the stars was gazing back at him.

No one uttered a sound. Both scrambled on their feet and ran towards each other, finally landing on each other's embrace.

Xie Lian could not help but let out his tears.

While this man had died for him over and over again, this man is reborn for him as much. He believes it.

Just by thinking of it, it hurts Xie Lian yet he is also very thankful. He loved this man even more.

Even if Hua Cheng fell into the depths of hell, he would break through the abyss for his “belief”.

What did I do to deserve such a man?

Last time, the two of them spent eight hundred years running towards each other. Finally, they're now right in each other's arms and would never let go.

"It seems Gege misses me so much that he is cutting off my air supply." Hua Cheng teases.

Xie Lian immediately let go and looked at the other sheepishly. "I-I'm sorry..."

"I'm just kidding, Gege. Ghosts don't need oxygen." Hua Cheng wiped his tears. "Now, if Gege is willing to share, who bullied you?"

-

:)