[Chapter 3]

*꧁༺Ch 3. Friends?༻꧂*

"So where are we going?" Kronos asked as they walked. "You do have plan, don't you?"

Jamie bit her lip. "No..."

Kronos slapped his forehead. "Jamie, you-"

"Sorry," she interrupted. "I was really busy trying to get you/my brother out of that damned place."

"And why did you have to do that?" Kronos asked, his voice low and quiet. "I'm no one's hero, you see."

"Because you're awesome," Jamie replied, and turned her head from him, still walking.

"You know that I'm not cool," Kronos muttered. "And I may be the one who gave you the nightmare. I possessed your brother - and that's a present tense. I tried to hurt you once. You have every reason to hate me. Why are you being so nice?"

"Every villain needs a second chance" was Jamie's short reply, which made Kronos let out an insane laugh.

"Yeah, I'm really happy that you didn't call me a murderer. Just a villain? Really, Jamie?" He sneered. "And I don't even need a second chance."

Jamie didn't reply at his comments. Like it or not, he was her companion - until the end of her life. She won't be able to contact her friends in Camp Half-Blood again. She won't ever revisit Luke and her 'secret place'. She would never go on such quests. So she turned, and looked at the direction where the Camp was. She would never be accepted again, just because she wanted to get both her brother and the Titan out of the cold cell. She wondered if he would ever be kind toward her, but it seems that she is stuck with Kronos forever.

Kronos, on the other hand, was curiously gazing at Jamie, trying to read her thoughts without getting noticed, but just dismissed his own thoughts as he found out that she won't like him reading her personal thoughts without her permission. Even though he knew that his words would hurt her, and that his divine energy could possibly kill her, he can't stop wandering near her. He wanted the demigod to be near him as long as possible. He liked her smiles - the ones she showed when he was sharing control with Luke - and her strong personality. She had felt devastated when Luke betrayed her. She had to watch Luke's struggles with his 'master', who was Kronos himself. And she found herself face-to-face with him - in her brother's body. She might have felt that Kronos was a creepy guy with no mercy or feelings. But she never gave in to her feelings. Every little comments moved him, and he adored her courage, friendship, and love. She was special. And he would do anything to protect her.

"Kronos," Jamie said, stopping so abruptly that Kronos almost crashed into her.

"Hmmm?" He asked, trying to make his voice tone average.

"Can a Titan and a normal demigod be friends? Or at least, companions?" Jamie asked, peering through Kronos' bright golden eyes, which were dimming slowly as he let the words sink in.

"It depends," Kronos replied, not so sure.

"Depends on what?" Jamie asked again, a little irritated.

"Depends on who that person is. Maybe... if his personality suits yours, or if that person knows you well, or if he is willing to be friends with you... then he might be the one you seek." He scratched his head. "I don't know exactly how that works..."

"Oh... okay..." Jamie murmured. "Thanks... I guess."

"And please," Kronos said, making Jamie look at him. "Please don't say that you're willing to be friends with me of all Titans."

"What if I want to be friends with you?" Jamie asked, making Kronos rise an eyebrow.

"Please don't," Kronos muttered.

"Kronos... you don't have to avoid having friends. They don't try to, like, betray you every time! That's just a rare case." Jamie said.

Kronos flinched at those words. "Jamie... I'm just afraid if I would hurt you, not the other way around. You know what I did to Luke. I don't want to hurt you."

"You wouldn't," Jamie said. "I know that."

Kronos' eyes widened. "You can't be serious!" He said.

"I'm being very serious, mister," Jamie said.

Kronos let out a sigh. "Jamie..."

They continued walking. "There," Jamie pointed to some place, at last.

"Where?" Kronos asked.

"That hotel," Jamie replied.

"Really..." Kronos snorted. "From all the places, you pick to stay at a hotel?"

"Then where will you stay?" Jamie asked.

"Follow... no I'll just take you," he said, smirking down at her.

"What do you mea-" She stopped her words as Kronos placed his hand over her eyes. Her surroundings grew hot and bright. She tightened her grip on the guy's shoulder.

"C'mon. You can open your eyes now." Kronos said as his divine form was no longer harm to the demigod. When Jamie finally opened her eyes, they got bigger because of the scene that was happening in front of her. It seemed impossible... but it really stood there. In front of her. This was real.

"Othrys?" She asked, and Kronos nodded.

"But... how?" Jamie just couldn't understand. According to the history book, Othrys had to be a pile of stones and dust.

Kronos grinned evilly. "They destroyed my throne, but they didn't have enough time to destroy the whole fortress. And because I had not faded, I could always raise another one."

"You are... really evil," Jamie breathed.

"You think so?" He raised his eyebrows. He then bent over her and patted her head.

"I was thinking about something," he murmured, gazing at her beautiful blue eyes.

"About what?" Jamie asked.

"About the question you asked me a while ago," he answered. "I was quite afraid if I would hurt you... but maybe... it would be okay to be your friend." He glanced briefly at her, and stretched out his hand.

"Friends?" He asked awkwardly.

Jamie shook hands with him, realizing that Kronos was not the full-of-evil man she thought him to be. He just deserved a second chance. He deserved to be a hero. Someday, and in many possible ways, he was destined to make a good decision. After all, he was the very Titan she would be spending her time with. If she doesn't want to be dead, she should stick with the guy - and try not to make him mad - until she breathes her last. Well, that's scary. Let's move on.