[Chapter 4]

*꧁༺Ch 4. Inside the Fortress & The Fight༻꧂*

"Whoa," Jamie breathed as Kronos led her into Othrys. "This is just more than cool."

"Of course it should be," Kronos grinned and said to her.

"Plus it's scary," Jamie added, making Kronos pout.

"There are scarier things than this fortress in the whole world... but I understand what you mean."

"But Kronos..." Jamie peered into Kronos' bright golden eyes. "Should I run away from the gods when I see one of them? Like I did when I was banished from the Camp?"

Kronos pursed his lips. "What do you think about that?" He asked at last.

"Me? Well... I don't want to be chased and get hurt..." Jamie murmured.

"That's the correct answer. Follow what your heart wants you to do. You don't have to cower because one of them might fry you. You have me." Kronos smiled.

"... That's really nice of you," Jamie mumbled.

"I was always nice," he grumbled.

"You weren't-" Jamie's words were interrupted by Kronos pulling her closer to him. It was such a sudden movement that Jamie was so shocked and couldn't say anything.

Without saying a word, he raised a finger in front of his lips, signaling at her to be quiet. Some kind of hiss was heard, and Jamie stiffened. Some creature was here. Kronos quietly pulled her apart from him as his black armor formed on his body. His full armor appeared, and he changed his grip on the infamous scythe, murderous grin on his face as his divine energy wrapped him. His eyes twitched into a more advanced version - molten gold.

As the monster launched itself at them, Kronos ducked under his front paw, making it irritated. He had to keep reminding himself that he needed to keep Jamie safe too. Glancing at her briefly, he knew that she did not have her sword. Then he remembered that it had been taken by her father.

Kronos stopped the time, and closed his eyes, concentrating on finding the sword Daybreaker. When he was able to reach it, he picked it up, and gave it to Jamie, who was watching him with newly found admiration.

"Kronos-" Her words were cut off again by Kronos' calm smile. Golden eyes studied the red ones of the monster. Yes, he could easily kill it by one mighty swing of his scythe, but he wanted to test this girl with her sword. He motioned her to come in front of him.

"When I release the time, go and fight it, okay?" He asked, near Jamie's ears.

"What-"

"GO!!!"

Jamie stood there awkwardly, then recovered as the monster swiped its claw at her. An unusual smile crept over her face as she ducked.

"C'mon!" She shouted as the monster tried to catch her. She ran wildly, and her speed was the fastest.

"Catch ME if you CAN!" She screamed on top of her lungs. The monster, outraged, attacked. Jamie easily shifted her position, and made a defense move at the monster. It yowled as the blade met its outstretched claws.

'Where would be the most easy part to kill it?'

Jamie's mind spun faster and faster as the monster launched its attacks, but failing. Her mind drifted to the nightmare she had years ago. The one which Kronos was in. He had touched her heart, which was glowing golden. Heart.

She looked up at the monster, and shifted her arm to make a better position to strike accurately. When it showed its belly, she slid on the ground, and plunged her sword into the place where its heart should be. The monster let out a roar, and dissolved into a pile of dust. And the dust rained on top of her.

"Good job," Kronos said, approaching her.

"That wasn't nice," Jamie muttered. "Telling a person to fight who was without any weapons recently."

"You did it anyway," Kronos mused, rolling his eyes.

He glanced at Jamie's hair, which was covered with monster dust.

"Let me help you with that," he said, brushing them off. And Jamie's cheeks flushed red... was this something-

"There," Kronos said.

"Thanks," she mumbled. And her eyes caught Kronos' scythe, which was hanging dangerously in his hand. Like he would make a sudden move and she would be killed instantly. Kronos followed her gaze and noticed that he was gripping it in a battle form, so he just turned it, made it to a sword form again, and sheathed it.

"Now?" He asked. Jamie nodded.

"Umm... I guess you earn something for that fight," Kronos said after few moments.

"What?" Jamie asked.

"This," he said as his arms slid to her waist and he picked her up. Jamie yelped as he carried her in a bridal style. He smirked down at her, kissing her shortly on her forehead. The daughter of Hermes looked at him in disbelief, but settled down, leaning against his armored chest. Kronos opened some doors and carried her all the way up to his own room.

"Jamie?" He asked as he arrived. There was no answer from the girl.

Kronos smiled. Her being asleep was so cute for him to watch. He wanted to wake Jamie to tell her that she's so pretty, but he had a work to do.

He pulled a scythe bracelet from his back pocket. He then checked his wrist if Luke's was there, and it was still there. Old, but it had much power than others. It helped him easily possess Luke. With that, Kronos was able to enter his body and thoughts.

But it also was the sign that he belonged to him. Luke had a blessing of the Titan Lord. So he was able to serve him. His loyalty? That was for Kronos. Even now, Luke is holding back himself; he doesn't want to show himself at Jamie. He feels embarrassed, because Jamie saw how evil he could be - making her banished from the camp because of something she didn't do.

The war had ended. And Luke didn't want to live anymore... if it weren't for the Titan King himself. He questioned if he decided to die, what would his sister think? Jamie won't ever forgive him. So that's how Luke agreed to let Kronos take all the control; if Luke had to show himself in front of his sister, he would appear in Lu-Kronos form.

Kronos looked at the scythe bracelet once more before reaching for Jamie's wrist. He fastened it, and a warm golden glow crept over her right arm. It disappeared as soon as a mental connection formed between them.

Jamie stirred. And Kronos tensed as he thought for reasons. What would he say when she finds an 'evil' bracelet on her wrist? What if she doesn't believe him anymore?