Chapter 1- You're Batting For The Wrong Team, Honey

Hope you enjoy this! :)

Chapter 1:

Jaden's POV

I groaned, my hand smacked anything in reach as I tried to silence my ratchet alarm clock, but what took me so long to realize is that it's still packed in a box. One of the cons of moving, along with well; everything. I squeezed my eyes trying to block my ears of the ear piercing ring. 

"Jaden! Get up! It's 5AM." My mom chirped, popping her head through the door. 

"But Mom, I don't want to go to school." I grumbled into my heavenly pillow. 

"You can't go to the soccer tryouts if you're still in bed." I jumped out of bed. 

"I totally forgot. Thanks Mom!" I grinned, suddenly feeling wide awake. She smiled and made her way out of my room leaving me alone, to do my morning routine. 

I brushed my teeth, put my hair in a ponytail, changed into a pair of jogger shorts and a sweatshirt for the cool air that swamped the streets before dawn. I slipped a pair of shoes on before grabbing my phone and earphones and jogging down the stairs. 

"Mom?" I called through the house. She laid on the couch, passed out. Soft snores escaped her lips making me smile. Typical. I shook my head and made my way out the door and into the fresh morning air, adjusting my music. 

The place we moved to is way out of our league, me and my mom are just two Miami girls who obsess over Miami Heat and Christiano Ronaldo. 

These people are British and fancy, when I say fancy I mean it. Like, tea and crumpets fancy. The houses were beautiful, including ours. But you could tell all these people were all about table manners and fancy hats. 

Moving isn't new though, I've always been moving. My mom is set out on finding a 'The Perfect Getaway' and after visiting half the world, you'd think she'd found her getaway. I can't really blame her though, after Dad died, all she's ever wanted to do is get away. She's been strong though, for me. 

After jogging for half an hour, like usual, I made my way back home which wasn't exactly hard. Everyone had fancy cars that the queen would ride, as our red Hummer was parked in our driveway, showing off my mothers horrible parking job.

The back window had a small Miami Heat sticker. What can I say? The heat's in us. 

I jogged up the stairs, making sure my knees reached my upper waist with each step I took. When I reached my room I instantly dropped to the floor, doing 50 push ups. 

After I finished my workout and had showered, I changed into my usual outfit; a fresh pair of jogger shorts and a tank top with a pair of worn out black converse. 

My blonde hair was put up in it's usual messy bun and an elastic headband held my side bangs back. I grabbed my belongings and made my way downstairs to find my mom awake -finally- and making breakfast. 

"Eggs?" She grinned tilting the pan of burnt eggs in my direction. I shook my head. 

"As much as I'd love to eat burnt eggs, I feel like vomiting." I confessed, sheepishly.

"Nervous?" 

"Very." I sighed kissing her cheek. 

"Hurry on, you'll miss the bus!" She beamed. 

"I'm seventeen! Why am I taking the bus?" I groaned trudging towards the door. 

"Because I'm sure as hell not driving you anywhere at 7:45." I rolled my eyes.