Chapter 5- Human Hot Potato

ik it's short but at least it's an early update. i just couldn't wait to post this bc finally some sort of soccer action am i right??!11!!!!1!1??

oh yes & there's also louis tomlinson on the side being perfect on the field enjoY

Chapter 5:

"Alright boys- and Jaden. Go out there and kick some derriere!" Coach Mac called out. The mascot, Donny Dog, ran around us in circles, high fiving each one of us.

My eyes widened as my feet lost touch with the ground. I was spun around in a circle by Donny Dog before I was tossed into the arms of number 11, whose name I now knew was Valentino.

I shrieked as he effortlessly threw me into the arms of Casper, who rudely ignored my pleas to put me down and proceeded to toss me into Louis' arms. This had become some sort of before game ritual and I can't say I liked it at all. It was like some sort of messed up game of human hot potato.

"Put me down!" I yelped, hitting his chest.

Okay ow. I frowned at his chest. It seemed to be made of some sort of cement like constructer. His arms were carelessly holding my body which was sprawled awkwardly. His eyes glinted with mischief.

"Okay." He smirked. My eyes widened as I registered what he was about to do.

"No, no no! Never mind don't p-" I protested as his grip on my loosened and he arms fell to his sides. I was cut off by the loud thud that was caused from the impact my butt made with the grassy field. I grunted, glaring up at him.

"Why is this human hot potato game ritual still a thing? Last time I checked, manhandling a teenage girl was not good luck!" I scowled at the laughing group of boys, heck, even Coach was laughing! I scrambled to my feet, dusting myself off and tightening my pony tail. "You all suck." I grumbled.

"You're our rabbit foot." Elliot, or as I had addressed him before, number three, said. Casper nodded in agreement, blowing in my face, I squirmed.

"The wood we knock on." Jacob -number two- drawled, coming up from behind me and knocking on my forehead, I swatted his hand away, rubbing my forehead tentatively.

"Our four-leaf clover." Marko sighed over dramatically, taking my face in his hands and squishing my lips together in mock affection. A sound of protest bubbled at the back of my throat, but was muffled by my firmly pressed lips. I unclawed his hands away from my face, glaring at them all. Casper leans into to reach for me but I was quick to run away. An animal-like sound escaped my lips as I hid behind Coach Mac.

"This is slander!" I shrieked.

"Get out there," Coach chuckled, shaking his head. He pushed my towards the guys, ushering us onto the field. I jogged out onto the right side of the field, taking my position as a winger. Louis was in the center of the field, no doubt smirking cockily at the player opposing him. The referee stepped his left foot off of the ball, backing up before blowing the whistle and jogging to the sidelines.

The opposing team had the ball, but Dayton was quick to sweep it past them.

Louis and Dayton ran side by side. Dayton feigned a pass towards Jacob, losing the player who had momentarily paused to run towards him.

Dayton passed the ball to Louis.

This was it.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins, I began streaking up the opposite side of the field, just as we had planned in the playbook.

Louis easily maintained the ball between his feet as he passed the opposing team players.

Here it goes.

I sprinted full speed, passing Louis by a few feet. A few players were hot on his tail, but no one seemed to pay attention to me. Something that I started to realize was frequent. They didn't see me as a threat, they completely bypassed me.

Louis kicked the ball into my posses ion, catching most of the opposing team off-guard.

I kicked the ball back and forth between my feet. Various different plays were flooding my thoughts but one stood out the most.

The one I had used to get on the team.

I feigned a kick, missing the ball by a few inches, three players pounced in the direction of where I had pretended to kick it, along with the goalie. Now. I took my chance, putting all of my strength and kicking the ball into the empty corner of the net.

Doncaster Rovers, Mayfield High. 1-0.

The crowd had an uproar, I grinned, my eyes meeting Louis' who was smiling right at me. My eyes scanned the barricades, spotting my mother on her feet cheering with a foam finger. I smiled, giving her a thumbs up. As I looked towards coach, my eyes landed on someone sitting near him. A cold shiver ran up my spine from the piercing glare he gave me, it was him. Former number seven. I turned around, focusing on the game. I had the feeling of a burning glare throughout the whole game,

early update i think i actually deserve extra luuUuv which means heartfelt comments and a ton of votes am i right or am i right.

quick but v important question: quick and frequent or long and less frequent?

-jana x