09

''No way she said that,'' Emelia laughed at the story of one of her close friends. They, just like Mick and Emelia hadn't seen each other for about a year. Something which wasn't uncommon for the pair with him racing and her living her own life.

Max and Emelia were the type of friends who would not see each other or even speak for months but the moment they did it felt like no time had passed. He almost knew her better than Luca did which was trough and trough.

''The funniest part is that Kelly was standing right next to me,'' Max said making Emelia laugh uncontrollably, ''Luckily she could not care less and also laughed.''

''How is Kelly? And little P? Haven't seen them since, well since I last saw you at my birthday.''

''They're doing really good,'' he paused smiling, ''we're doing really good. P misses you and so does Kel.'' Emelia smiled at this, she had seen them only a handul of times but she and Kelly really hit it off, face-timing every now and then.

''And you don't?''

''My god no, never forget I can't stand you, Emelia,'' the pair laughed once again sharing a quick hug. Max might seem like he wasn't one for affection, he would publicly tease her and pretend he hated the girl but (not so) secretly he adored her. ''I'm proud of you though, you know for being here and finally coming to see a race. I know how heavy it can be, if you're ever overwhemled let me know. I'll be there in a heartbeat.''

Max knew all about Emelia her anxiety. He felt for the girl but he was happy she decided to finally come see them race. Max remembered one time he had to calm her down, she had a panic attack when they were shopping and got crowded by some fans and paparazzi. There's not much he could do but he always took it in account when planning anything with her. Something Emelia was just as thankful for as their friendship.

''I know Maxie, thank you.''

''You know P now calls me that,'' the racing driver said.

''Really Maxie,'' Emelia teased when she heard another voice chime in, ''Yes really Maxie?'' it was a deep male voice with a thick Australian accent. Emelia quickly turned around hearing Max stiffle a laugh, Daniel Ricciardo was standing in front of her.

''Hey mate,'' he greeted Max, ''and who is this beautiful lady and what is she doing with you?''

FRIENDS FROM WORK
george (george russell), max (max verstappen), lord perceval (charles leclerc), chili 🌶️ (carlos sainz), danny (daniel ricciardo), milk boy (lando norris), pedro (pierre gasly) and albono (alex albon)

LORD PERCEVAL
what the fuck are max and daniel doing with em???

CHILI🌶️
you mean emelia?
have you already met her

LORD PERCEVAL
i'm so confused right now

CHILI🌶️
what are you on mate
she is andretti's guest, i told you about

PEDRO
yea she's the hot girl who gave me her instagram

MILK BOY
pierre showed me her instagram and she is hot but if you know her what's she doing with max?

LORD PERCEVAL
that's what i'm trying to figure out
remember that girl i told you about, at the cafe in maranello?

GEORGE
uh no

ALBONO
i missed that one

DANNY
looks like we all did
but what does that have to do with emelia? i like just met her and she's kindest soul

MAX
jakshakak my emelia?
she is not the kindest soul, she's just has the hots for you dan

LORD PERCEVAL
your emelia?
what about uh kelly

MAX
not sure why you care but it's definitely not like that

PEDRO
shuuuut up char
that's not her right?

CHILI 🌶️
JAHSHAJS
NO WORDS

MILK BOY
CARLOS YOU KNEW ABOUT SOMETHING AND DID NOT TELL ME???

DANNY
SO NOW LANDO COULD NOT TELL ME???

MAX
warning charles, she's the worst
can't wait till luca hears about this

MILK BOY
max knew????
SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN
I NEED TO KNOW
MAX?
CHARLES?
guys come on
alex you also wanna know

GEORGE
bloody hell

ALBONO
true, explain please

LORD PERCEVAL
uh sure, after bahrein i think i met someone

author speaking
happy charles leclerc and ollie bearman pole day! but also sprint race day and even more importantly APRIL 29th!!!!! stream high infidelity and watch f1/f2

hope you enjoyed this chapter aaaand they'll be meeting very (veeery) soon 🤭