Never Miss A Beat

At 5:50 In The Morning, Team ARMS Dorm Room

Ash and Mark were on the ground in their pajamas. They both got were looking at dessert box that was left infront of their door.

Mark: So....Sleep well?

Ash: Yes, you?

Mark: Fine. So I found this in front of the door and I didn't even bother to read the letter, I was too tired.

Ash: (reads the letter) Dear Ash and Mark, hope you enjoy this dessert we got for you and good luck in doubles round of the Vytal Tournament, from your friends Team JNPR.

Mark opens the dessert box and reveals 6 small cinnamon buns.

Mark opens the dessert box and reveals  6 small cinnamon buns

Mark: Cinnamon Buns?

Ash: It would be rude not to accept gifts from friends. (Takes one and eats it)

Mark: How is it?

Ash: It's actually pretty good

Mark: (eats one) So, you think we should save some for Raptor and Scarlet?

Ash: Noo, save them for later. Raptor is the kind of person who does like treats but also likes to stay fit and I think Scarlet is too hyper already.

Mark: True, so I check the schedule for the Vytal Tournament. Our fight is after Penny and Ciel vs Russel and Sky.

Ash: Who are we fighting?

Mark: Night Hallows and Yuada Fern of Team NYTE.

Vytal Tournament

Penny and Ciel were facing off against Sky and Russel of Team CRDL and of course....Sky and Russel were defeated.

Oobleck: (over the broadcaster's system) And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas!

Penny: (placing a fist in her palm and bowing in respect to her fallen foes, still smiling) Thank you for a wonderful time.

The two victors turn to leave the stadium as Russel feebly reaches out, only to get hit in the head by an errant stone.

Watching from the stands, Ruby Rose sees them start to walk away and excitedly gets up form her seat with the rest of her team to meet them at one of the exits. Scarlet also joins.

Ruby: (catching up and spreading her arms as she calls out) Penny!

Penny: Ruby! (lifting up her own arms, she tackles her friend into a hug that leaves them both of them on the ground)