Bakugo x reader pt.3

He didn't give you any real time to think over what he asked before he huffs and pulls away. Leaving you halfway laying in bed, his hoodie draped over your lap. You hear his footsteps in the hall as he stomps down the stairs. Closely followed by your front door opening and closing behind him.

Boys were weird, and apparently, you had a knack for attracting the mean and rude ones.

With a sigh, you flop back onto the bed. Opting to spend your afternoon napping instead of going down for dinner. There was just too much to unpack emotionally that you thought it better to sleep.

But after that day it was different.

He wasn't out to make your life miserable anymore. While he still called you princess and teased you, it was nothing compared to what it had been. But he started directing his anger toward other people. Mostly the boys who were brave enough to spare a glance at you.

His yelling and threats of violence only grew more frequent. The longer they paid attention.

You tried to argue with him once that they were only staring because they had never seen him be nice to anyone. But that only earned you a light shove before he pulls you back into his side.

And those last few months before summer break you stayed by his side. Next semester he was going to UA, leaving you behind to finish the rest of your time in school by yourself. He walked you to all of your classes, even if they were in the opposite direction of his. He forced you to eat lunch with him. And even started packing an extra lunch for you because he needed to make sure you were eating a proper meal.

In his mind, he was the only one that could make fun of you. And Izuku was the only other boy who could talk to you if he wasn't around.

But all that changed when he left for UA, well both of them did.

Leaving you for the first time in your life to fend for yourself. You no longer had the overwhelming presence of Katsuki in your life. He was busy at school, becoming a hero. Izuku close on his trail you heard from the weekly dinners you were still forced to go to with their parents.

You were free, free to gossip with the other girls about who you thought was the cutest boy in school was. Free to make friends with people you actually had something in common with. You were even talking to boys and going out on group dates!

Everything was great!

By the time you had graduated and sneaked off to college, you were just a normal girl. You had successfully been Katsuki-free for three years at that point. Ignoring his texts and calls. Too busy with taking on a part-time job and earning a degree that you never made it home for the holidays.

Your mother even stopped trying after the first year. Instead, she filled you in on how life at home was. And how your childhood friends were fairing in the world as new heroes. You ignored almost everything she said about your bully and would always find an excuse to end the call.

And it went on like this for years.

Eventually, you graduated and started a career of your own. Working in the finance department of a new start-up company. You managed the backend of big corporations. And made sure they kept track of where their money was being spent. Offering detailed reports on missing money and where cutbacks could be made. You were a semi-successful adult now. Who went out to party with her college friends and went on dates with shitty men.

But all that came to a crashing halt about a month ago.

When you were heading home from your monthly night out with the girls. You somehow found yourself in the middle of a pack of villains. And you say pack because they all looked like a surly gang of wolves. Ears pointed and sitting high on their heads, Tails swaying behind them as they spot you. Their teeth sharp and waiting to tear into your flesh.