Chapter 24- Arrested and arguing

Trigger warnings- Swearing and a couple of small fights.

The four Champions had been led through the main streets of the Citadel.

Everywhere they went, they were stared at by the people. Insults and accusations were thrown their way as they went. Kaiden had to try hard to not show that he was embarrassed of their actions. He had to be strong for the others.

The guards holding them forced them to not reply to the people. It was only when they reached a tall, grey building that they were trusted not to make a run for it.

Kaiden had considered running several times, but he couldn't leave the girls alone. He couldn't stop thinking about Raven and Finley. He was afraid that they might've been arrested already. After all, Raven didn't always think through his plans. Then again, he was one to talk.

"Four new residents," the dictator said to a woman at a large desk.

"Four? I was told it was six?" The woman questioned.

"It was. Two of the idiots escaped. Don't worry, they'll be here soon enough."

"Don't call them idiots!" Kaiden snapped.

"If you don't shut it, I'll kill them as soon as I find them," the dictator snapped back.

Kaiden said no more.

"I'm afraid they've missed dinner. It's past nine. They won't be eating anything." The woman explained.

"It's alright, they don't deserve anything anyway," the dictator replied.

"Well we only have one room spare, at least for a few days," the woman said.

"They can't cause that much trouble here," the dictator snapped.

"Very well, sir. When will you be back for them?"

"One week. That should be long enough to get the other two."

The woman nodded, "very good, sir."

The woman walked off down a hallway. Meanwhile, the dictator glared at them.

"This is Kaileyn," he explained "the second harshest prison in the Citadel. You four will stay here for one week until we have located the other two. After which we will proceed with our previous agreements. If any of you try to escape, you will be sent straight to Olendal. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir," the girls replied. Only Kaiden gave no answer.

"I said, is that clear? Kaiden, I am speaking to you."

"Yes," Kaiden muttered.

The dictator sighed. "Forget it." He placed something on the desk and left without another word.

The woman returned with two men. They were in dark blue suits. They approached the desk and picked up whatever the dictator had left there. Kaiden realised that they were keys.

One of the men walked over to them. "Follow me," he ordered.

The four of them did. They were led up several staircases and along several hallways. From everywhere they could hear all sorts of strange sounds and noises. Most of them didn't sound like they could be made by a human.

Reina and Cadence both seemed scared.

"Don't worry," Kaiden whispered, "we'll think of something."

"Silence!" The man shouted from up ahead.

At last, the man stopped. He reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a set of keys. He fiddled with them for a moment before he unlocked the door in front of them.