bonus chapters ~ blinded. 3

First blinded chapter that I didn't cry writing, yay me

*

*

*

*

*

*

Hyunjin closed his eyes and allowed himself to take in his final, long breath filled with Felix's scent. His heart ached, his skin longing for the only touch he couldn't have.
And he let himself feel it for a moment before leaving the room filled with shadows of better times.

Closing the door behind him, he used his shaking hand to wipe away his last tear.

Then he straightened his back.

A new look filled his eyes, his gaze sharp and piercing. It startled Minho a little as the guard came back out of his room to check on Hyunjin.

"Sir."

"Minho."

"I, uh..." Minho hesitated.
"I know I'm not in any place to say this, but...
Felix really loved you. And I know you meant the world to him. So... please take care of yourself, sir." He said slowly.

Hyunjin drew in a shaky breath, his heart stinging a little as the air around him was no longer sweet.

"He was your best friend, right?" Hyunjin said, gently rejecting Minho's care.

"He was."

"I'm going to tell you something right now. And you will keep it to yourself."
Hyunjin said intensely.

Minho nodded.

Hyunjin's gaze sharpened even more as he started speaking;
"I'm going to take down my father. I'm going to take down everything.
I will tear down everything my family has ever built, and after I've made them watch it all burn, the ground will be soaked in their blood. I will take away everything they have, just like they did to me."

Minho stared at him with wide eyes, feeling the pain and loss-fueled anger ooze from Hyunjin's presence. He felt sorry for him.

"You can either help me or burn with them." Hyunjin took a step away to break the tension.

"He was my best friend, sir.
...He once came to ask me for help, out of breath after running, counting on me.
but I refused.
Because I was afraid. If I can do anything to make up for it, I will.
I'm more than happy to join you now."

"Good, that's good." Hyunjin's eyes shifted around.

"...I want to help too." Jisung peeked his head out of Minho's bedroom.

"Ji..." Minho sighed.

"No, Minho. I will help."

Hyunjin nodded at him, and Minho looked up in frustration.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to talk to Yonjun."

"Of course, sir." Minho bowed as Hyunjin left, then instantly turning to Han as the door closed.

"Ji, you know I-"

"Minho, with all due respect, I can make my own decisions. I will stand by you,"

Jisung moved closer to his boyfriend, wrapping his hands around Minho from the back, to which he smiled briefly.

"And you don't need to protect me from everything."

"What if I want to? I mean, did you see the condition Hyunjin was in? That's what happens to someone who loses their soulmate. I would rather kill myself than end up in that kind of pain."

"I'm not going to die, Minnie." Jisung placed his chin in the nook of Minho's neck, hugging him.

"Jisung, we work for a mafia family. You can't be too sure of that."

"But I am." Jisung squeezed the cat-like boy until he gave up being grumpy and surrendered to the cuddles like usual.

"You want to do what?" Yonjun lifted his eyes off the documents he was working on.

"So will you help me or not?" Hyunjin pressured.

Yonjun sighed, sinking his fingers into his hair.
"Do you have any idea what you're asking for? My work in this family is all I have."

"You know what they did to me. They are not family. Not anymore."

"I know...but fuck..." Yonjun moved around in his chair.
Hyunjin had stormed into his office and caught him so off guard that his glasses had falled out of his head.

"So??" Hyunjin leaned on his brother's desk in an intimidating manner.

"Fuck it. An eye for an eye and all that. You know I never got along with Jungwon anyway."

The corner of Hyunjin's mouth twitched as he suppressed a small smile, his first one in weeks.

For the first time since that day, he felt passionate about something. Yes, it might be passion towards the death and destruction of his father and brother, but at least he felt something other than sorrow.
That must be good, right?

Chan was on his way back from Mr. Hwang's office, cursing under his breath after making sure no one was around him.
It had been another excruciating hour of listening to boring antics about business and suppressing anger having to act normal around the people who murdered his friend.

Walking in his thoughts, he almost tripped, not even having time to let out a yelp as someone covered his mouth and pulled him aside to one of the meeting rooms along the hallway.

"What the-" he was about to pull out his gun before he spotted Jisung sitting in one of the chairs surrounding the huge table in the room.

Jisung tilted his head and flashed his adorable but apologetic gummy smile to Chan who rolled his eyes.

Chan heard a click as Minho closed the door behind them and turned to face the culprit.

"What are you guys doing? I'm trying to make it to the cafeteria to eat something before the next meeting. I'll be late."

"Doesn't matter," Minho said nonchalantly.
"We have something to tell that I think you're really gonna like." He added, smiling cunningly.

Chan sat down, frustrated but curious at the same time.

"What is it?" He asked, stretching his arms back and making his black vest tighten around his chest.

"Hyunjin." Jisung said.

"Well now I'm officially interested."

"He wants revenge." Minho added.

Chan raised his eyebrows.
"Well, I don't blame him. Felix was his everything. I was often with them, and as much as they tried, you can't hide that kind of connection. Because of it, things didn't turn out too well."

"Yeah. He asked for our help, but before you say you're in, you should know that by revenge he means destroying everything, including his father. Especially him." Minho warned.

"Even better."

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*