|| Chapter 2 ||

Heyo everyone! I'm back with chapter 2, sorry for the wait.

Zhongli sighed as the bell rang. "Everyone please enjoy your lunch." He smiled and took out his laptop. He began to mark students test on Sumeru history, then on the Liyue test. The teacher slumped in his chair, not having anything else to do. Zhongli decided to check his phone for any messages from Xiao or Hu tao. Nothing he thought. The teacher unlocked his phone and went on messenger.

|| Venti ||

Zhongi: What are you doing right now?

A few minutes went by and he finally got a reply.

Venti: I'm streaming rn-

Zhongli: Oh sorry-

Venti: Nah it's fine, ttyl

The teacher sighed and put away his phone, glancing at his computer screen in silence. "How much do trips to Mondstadt cost?" He muttered to himself.

Zhongli drove back home when his shift was finally over. Xiao greeted him when he had arrived. "Hello Xiao, back from Wangshu inn already?" He asked. "They gave me the day off." Xiao shrugged sleepily. "Why don't you get some rest, I'll make supper tonight." Zhongli stated. "Alright then." He yawned and headed up to his room.

When Xiao had left he still had the same question engraved in his head. Zhongli took out his phone and searched the cost of the trip. "From Liyue to Mondstadt... It doesn't cost that much." He remarked.

After considering a few things, he decided he will take a trip to Mondstadt. But, before that, he'd still need to cook food. "Right- Forgot about that." Zhongli chuckled and got a traditional Liyue recipie out to make for tonight.

"Xiao! Dinners ready!" He called him down. "Kay' be there in a minute!" Xiao yelled from upstairs.

"Almond tofu?" He says, surprised. "Yep, I'd thought I try it and I knew you liked it so.." Zhongli smiled. "Thank you." Xiao surpresses his grin. "You're welcome." He nods. Xiao sat down with Zhongli at the table, eating peacfully until Hu tao bust opened the door. "Hello family!" She exclaimed with a big grin. "Welcome back Taotao." Xiao greets. "Ooh~ Almond Tofu?" Hu tao coos as she drops her bags and sits down with them. "Yes, we're eating almond tofu tonight." Zhongli laughed. "I'll go make my plate!" Hu tao smiles as she rushed to the kitchen. "Alright then." Xiao sighed. 

Once they were all at the table, Zhongli made an announcement. "So, I'm taking a trip to Mondstadt for a week." He said blankly. "Awe, cool! Do we get to participate?" Hu tao asked. "Well.. I was planning for just me too go.. The expenses of hiring supply teacher's and bringing you two with me is quite high." Zhongli muttered. "It's fine, I can stay alone for a while.. As long as I don't cook." Xiao joked. "I still remember the sound of that fire alarm." Hu tao snickered. "Please do not talk about that disaster." Zhongli laughed. "Anyways, it's fine if you go to Mondstadt alone. Just take care and don't burnout while you're there." She reassured. "I won't, I promise." Zhongli smiled.

They had all finished eating their food. Hu tao had taken the responsibility to clean the dishes that night, while Xiao went back to his room. Zhongli was downstairs in his own room texting a certain musician.

|| Venti ||

Venti: Hru old blockhead?

Zhongli: Good, and do not call me that.

Venti: Omg take a joke- Like

Zhongli: Venti, it wasn't that serious

Venti: USE UR TONETAGS BUD

Zhongli: ???

Venti: You're like an old man

Zhongli: What?

Venti: You heard me!!

Zhongli: Anyways, I have something to say.

Venti: Tea? Spill

Zhongli: I'm taking a trip to Mondstadt to see you.

Venti: Wait really??