34 - Mother knows best

SONG BY RILEY ROTH

STATIC

"W-what?"

"Stara Stargazer, have you heard of that name?"

Stara Stargazer. My mother.

'But- How is she here? She's dead..'

"How are you here? I-I'm not saying I don't want you here but I'm confused" I look down, rubbing my arm. "Like Crescent said, the necklace can also help me communicate with you through your consciousness" She explained.

"So the pendant is multi-purpose?" I ask. "Exactly, I made it for Lunacents and communicating with me, that's why it's so important"

"Then why are you talking to me now?"

"To help you defeat Lunice"

"What do you mean?" I know what she was talking about, she said it as clear as day but I meant how will she help me? How will she help me if she's.. Dead?

"When you go back into reality, you should be able to see me. But you're the only who can, so I need you to not say anything about me." Mom said as if she just read my mind. "Okay, is that all you wanted to tell me?" I didn't mean to sound rude, I just wanted to make sure she told me everything she needed to incase of something.

"Well since you're here, you can ask questions" I thought a few minutes. "If you're here, does that make you alive?"

"Unfortunately not, my soul is only with you" She replied sadly. Her face suddenly looked.. sympathetic? I honestly felt bad. "Is your soul stuck to the necklace?"

"Sort of, so in a sense I'm your guardian angel"

I look down at the white floor. "How do I come back here if I need you?"

"Just call for me and then I'll pull you in here"

Her response seemed to reassure me. I went back to thinking about any questions I wanted to ask her. "How did you die? I-If you're okay answering that" I stutter. "Lunice killed me. He used my own tech to do it" Her answer seemed to make her uneasy talking about it so I quickly change the topic.

"What are the blue marks all over you?"

"These are tech imprints, just like the ones on your face" She put her hand on my face and used her thumb to stroke where my marks are. "So do you have the special powers too?"

"Well it's complicated.."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't tell you yet" She said ominously. "Why?"

"I'm not allowed to say" Once again, she said in an ominous tone. "Anything else hun?"

"No, that's all I have"

"Shall I send you back?" I inhaled a sharp breath. "I guess.."

"Well, it was nice to see you after a while my love" She said taking me into her embrace. "It was nice to see you too" I mumble into her. When she let go, I stood still. "Just stay still and close your eyes, alright?"