I want chicken nuggets

The car stops in front of the palace...or at least what's left of it.

I pull up my walls, just to protect that little thudding thing inside my chest.

I still have guards loyal to me in there, I know I do. I used to have Fleur too but I lost her. I get that weird burning sensation in my chest again. You just never get used to it, do you?

A few guards, from the rebellion, are still alive. Thankfully, they're arriving soon. 

But not even my entire fucking army could prepare me for what I see.

"Hey, Essie," A voice that's a bit too similar to mine for my liking calls.

"What the-" Lucas trails off, his mouth hanging open.

"Oh, Luke, hi. You guys still friends? Nice."

Ocean moves closer to Lucas. 

"Is that-?" Azrael asks, his grip tightening on my waist.

"My sister."

(A/N - dun dun dunnnnnnn. Ok sorry, continue.)

I fight the urge to run to her and slap her plus hug her at the same time. She's not on my side. She isn't my sister. She's the enemy.

She pulls out her sword. 

Stygian Iron.

Killer of the witch.

My grip tightens on my, almost identical sword.

"Go back, Es. I don't want to hurt you."

I close my eyes for a brief second. Swallowing all emotion until there isn't much difference between a rock and me.

I realize this is how it's meant to be.

Either my sister or the rebellion that I devoted my entire life to.

"I am not gonna do that, Emerald. We both know that."

She looks away doing the same thing I did, I am guessing, and then back at me. 

I feel Lucas getting into alert mode behind me, waiting for me to tell  him what I need. 

I look back at Azrael and dart my eyes to Ocean, go and take Ocean with you.

He, surprisingly doesn't argue, just grabs Ocean by the arm and makes a run for it.

Emerald frowns at them, taking a step forward.

"Your fight's with me."

She doesn't reply but doesn't move towards them either.

Instead, she takes a step towards me.