Bucky made his way back to Brooklyn, New York. Jessie had returned as well, but had gone to debrief with what had happened. She didn't plan to go to her brother's trial, but that was because she had things she needed to do and people to see.

He walked up to Yori's front door, then knocked on the door.

Yori opened the door and asked, "Hey, what are you doing here? It's late, come in before someone call the cops." Bucky entered and Yori closed the door behind him. "What are you doing here? It's not Wednesday."

Bucky replied, "I, uh, I have to tell you something. About your son." He sat, pulled off his glove to reveal his Vibranium hand. Yori sat as well. "He was murdered."

"What?"

"By the Winter Soldier." His voice shook as he whispered, "And that was me."

"Why?"

Bucky inhaled before replying softly, "I didn't have a choice."

He left.

---

The next day, after dropping off a gift bag and card for Dr. Raynor, Bucky walked the streets of Brooklyn.

He passed Izzy's and Bucky looked in the window to see Yori and Jessie sitting at the bar.
Jessie was tapping a pen, seemingly deep in thought.

Bucky stared at Yori.

Jessie, who had happened to see him, excused herself and walked up to Bucky. "Hey. You wanna to come in?"

Bucky shook her head. "Nah. I was just passing by. Listen, I'm headed back to Louisiana. If you were able to come... I wouldn't object the company."

Jessie laughed softly. "I'd like that. Let me grab my stuff."

---

Sam and Reya made their way to Baltimore to make a visit.

They walked down a familiar street in Baltimore and up to a front door. He knocked on the metal screen door of Isaiah's home.

Eli opened the door and asked, "What do you want, Black Falcon?"

"Hey, you need to learn some manners," Sam told him.

"He ain't a Falcon anymore, but he's still black," Isaiah said, motioning for Sam and Reya to follow. Sam and Reya sat in the garden as Isaiah tended to his plants. "I saw what you did out there. And it seems, so did everyone else. I heard the GRC was standing down on those plans of theirs, so you must have done something right. I ain't gonna lie. You're special."

"Thank you."

"I mean, you ain't no Malcolm, Martin, Mandela, but..."

"No argument there." Sam chuckled with a nod. "But I know what I've gotta do."

"So, a Black Captain America, huh?"

"Damn right."

He chuckled lightly. "The fight you taking on ain't gonna be easy, Sam."

"Yeah, I might fall. Shit, I might die. But... We built this country. Bled for it. I'm not gonna let anybody tell me I can't fight for it. Not after what everybody before me went through. Including you."

Isaiah's voice shook as his expression softened. "Shit. I almost bought that."

"Man, do you ever lighten up?"

"Nope," Eli replied, standing on the back porch. "Mm-mmm."

Sam chuckled and gently hit Isaiah's shoulder. "Hey, why don't you clean up. There's, um... somethin' Reya and I wanna show you."

Isaiah glanced at Sam and made his way inside.

Eli leaned over the railing and asked, "So, uh, where we going?"

Sam and Reya shook their heads, keeping their plan a surprise.

As soon as the two were ready, they made their way to the Smithsonian exhibit.

---

Isaiah and Eli remained quiet as they strolled through the exhibit.

Sam and Reya led them to another room where they'd had them place a statue of Isaiah and the history of what he'd done for the country. Isaiah and Eli looked around while Sam and Reya stood back and waited.

After a moment, Isaiah walked up to Sam and Reya who nodded and the former said, "Now they'll never forget what you did for this country." The three shook hands. "Never." Isaiah hugged Sam and Reya tightly and Sam and Reya smiled.

---

Bucky and Jessie made their way to Sam's. Bucky held a cake and the kids ran up to him and pretended to fight him. Bucky ducked with a smile. Jessie glanced at Bucky and smiled.

"Oh! There they are!" a man said.

As Bucky and Jessie walked up, the former asked, "Where is everybody?"

Sam and Reya hugged Bucky, then Jessie.

They enjoyed an afternoon of food, drink, and conversation. Jessie caught Bucky's eye and he smiled and she smiled back.

Bucky and Jessie spoke with Sarah and the kids hung on Bucky's Vibranium arm, which he no longer had covered.

Sam, Bucky, Reya and Jessie stood on the dock, watching the sunset. After a moment, they walked back to the others. Sam placed an arm around Bucky's shoulders and Reya held Sam's hand.

Bucky glanced at Jessie and asked, "You okay?"

Jessie nodded. "I'm good. I'm actually really good. You?"

"I'm good. I heard what happened to your brother. I'm sorry."

"Why? He broke the law and ruined a beloved symbol. He deserved his punishment."

"I suppose you're right."

She raised a brow. "You suppose?"

"You are right. Do you just like giving me a hard time?"

"I give everyone a hard time, Bucky. It's kind of my nature."

"I know it is. And I like how true you are."

"Really? Not a lot do."

"Then they're missing out. All of you is amazing, Jessie, and it's been great getting to know you."

"Likewise. I meet some pretty interesting people and you by far have been the most interesting."

Bucky and Jessie stared at each other before both nervously looked away, suddenly highly aware of unspoken feelings between them.

Sam cut in. "Before this gets any more awkward, let's join the others."

Reya gave him a look. "Sam, don't ruin the start of a blooming love."

Bucky and Jessie shot Reya a mildly annoyed look before following Sam and Reya back to everyone.