[ eleven ]

The next day it's particularly cloudy

Some would call it depressing in comparison to all the vibrant, clear-sky days they'd been experiencing through July and now in August. The day is muggy and damp, and, unfortunately, just as hot as every other day this summer. Though it's a bit more windy than usual, so Molly keeps the back door propped open for some airflow— which did allow the twins to sneak out undetected and snag some mistletoe berries from the garden for a potion they'd started engineering a few days ago.

Evelyn loves the cloudy days. Especially when it rains... when she's breathing in that rich petrichor smell the entire day.

The kids are in the library, discussing how urgent the need to smoke was for everyone and if tonight or tomorrow would be better for it.

George is laying across the couch, his head resting on Evelyn's pelvis, his shoulders under her thighs, as she sits upright with a book in her hands.

Fred is on the floor in front of them, his head occasionally bumping into Evelyn's elbow as he turns to look up at either of them.

"Do you think Hannah would give me a discount if I promised to get her a date with Neville?" Ginny asks aloud.

"Gin, these Hufflepuffs are quite stingy with their prices," Fred chuckles.

"Yeah, yeah," Evelyn mutters. "You're lucky I don't charge you, Freddie, I'd add an extra three sickles just as a service fee."

"And another three for how bloody whiny he gets when he's stoned," George snickers.

"And another five for how bloody touchy you get," Fred shoots back.

George swings a hang down, smacking Fred's shoulder. "I'm allowed to be," he points out. "She's my girlfriend—"

"Ugh, I know," Fred groans dramatically. "Tragic for her, really."

George starts to sit up, but Evelyn crosses her ankles together over his chest and yanks him back down into her hips. She doesn't even glance up from her book as she orders, "Down."

Fred wails with laughter, rolling onto his side. Ginny isn't much quieter. She smacks her knee with her book a few times as she laughs at her brother.

"Evelyn," George whines.

She mimics his voice, "George... he's only teasing you."

"Exactly!"

"Fine," she props her legs open for him to move. "Just don't kill him, alright?"

"Ev!" Fred gasps.

"I'm sorry, Freddie, it's just easier this way," she sighs, still perusing the thin page in front of her. "Don't worry, I know you can take him."