[ ten ]

smut warning

smut warning

The 28-day cycle passed quickly; mostly thanks to the steady pace of Evelyn and George's relationship taking off, but also to her time spent with Hermione and Ginny whilst the boys tinkered with pranks and explosives.

Sirius was right. The earthy, grainy taste of the Mandrake leaf wore off after about a week, but for the three after that, Evelyn woke up every morning in a panic that she might have swallowed it. She would forget it was there, often in fairly compromising situations, and it would throw her entire mindset off in the sudden tongue dive search for the thinning plant.

By the time she wakes up for breakfast on the August full moon, the leaf is like a second layer of skin against her cheek, and she can't wait to get the fucker out.

She tried not to dwell on the night's upcoming events too much, or else she'd find the time to be passing painfully slowly.

The twins help to fill her diligent time with prank product checks and dramatic readings from whatever book Hermione has snagged out of the library (Evelyn wasn't paying attention, and it was likely in French— but, don't worry, Fred had been kind enough to give his wand a wave and translate the pages into English for Hermione to read it properly).

It's all great, but Evelyn's body is constantly beating in anticipation. No matter how she tries to trick her mind, her bodily clock is countering the efforts with twice the power.

After lunch, they take a nap in Evelyn's room. George has spent every night in Evelyn's bed since they got together, in fact, he's hardly apart from her. Then again, Fred typically isn't too far from the two of them either; so, really, nothing has changed in the trio's dynamic in the past four weeks.

Well, other than the fact that Evelyn and George are far from shy when it comes to their romantic affections towards one another— at least when they're with Fred; they're much more modest around the rest of the household. The second Ron or even Ginny enter the room, Evelyn is off George's lap and two feet away from him.

But, in any case, it isn't just Evelyn and George in bed. Fred is curled up at their feet like a dog. The three of them haven't slept in the same bed since they were nine and had an odd napping habit for a summer (to which Molly satisfied by allowing them to nap in her and Arthur's room).

"Bug!" Sirius yells up the stairs. "We're off in 10, you ready?"

"Almost!" Evelyn yells from her bathroom.

It immediately prompts her boyfriend to sit up in his half-conscious state from underneath the soft-cotton covers. The shouting had rattled him from the deep sleep, a crooked indent across his pale, freckled cheek from there the pillow's fabric was wrinkled into his face.