CHAPTER 2 : THE WABASI

" Tell me what have you learned? "

" There are many types of sprites, " Imani answered her Grama who was impressed but not too much.

" Water Spirits? " She asked.

" Mermaids and sirens. " Imani answered.

" Earth spirits? " Imani's Grandmother asked.

" Gitus ( Giants. ) and ogres who are disgusting they eat human bones and live in cemeteries. " Imani said as her grandmother agreed.

" Grandmother I've studied everything and now I need to know about Adasa cause I feel there is more to the story you told me and I think there is something more. " Imani said to her grandmother who was surprised to see Imani being rude.

" She was the first Spectre that's all you need to know for now. " Was the response Imani got from her grandmother as they saw the sun rising in the waking world.

" It's time for you to wake up. " Talu said to her granddaughter who opened her eyes in her bed all awake.

Imani woke up running to the shower as it was her first day of college and she was excited to learn.

Imani's family lived only an hour from the University of Nairobi and Imani took the common way of transportation in Kenya and that's a bus.

Imani arrived looking around in awe and cheer as she reported to the dean's office.

" Welcome to our institution Imani. " George Kiplagat welcomed her as he passed her a paper with her class schedule.

" my son, Badu will show you around and teach you all you need. " George says with a sinister smile as Imani just smiled to seem respectful Badu walked in and Imani turned around to see him and their eyes meet.

" Dad you called for me? " He asked.

" Yes kindly show Imani around the campus and make sure there are no issues, she is to be well taken care of," George tells Badu who nods as he and Imani leave the office and he shows her around the campus.

" So your father is in charge of this campus?

That makes you royalty? " Imani asks.

" makes me untouchable cause the professors know who not to mess with and you look familiar like a girl I used to know a century ago," Badu says as Imani thinks figuratively.

" If you stick with me I will show you the ropes. " He tells Imani as she saw Ledesi.

" surprise, I wanted you to have a heart attack when you saw me. " Ledesi tells Imani.

" How and when are you here? " Imani asks.

" I got a scholarship here and already settled in the dorms and was just about to look for you. " Ledesi answers as Imani was happy to see her friend who noticed she was being given a tour by Badu who was now gone.

" He is Everything your mother warned you about and the CDC, I have heard bad things about him stay away my friend.

These next four years I want a stress-free environment. " Ledesi says as Imani looked at her confused.

" Since when? " Imani asks.

" Since an eclipse happened out of nowhere, life's short Imani, and there are many fucked up things that are going on in this world. " Ledesi says as they two keep talking as Badu watched them from afar.

Over the next few months, Imani focused on her studies and ledesi making new friends and spend time with her family.

Elijah wasn't picking up her calls and his family had moved.