CHAPTER 4 : NAIROBI ON FIRE

A week later.

" Imani has been different," Ledesi says to Imani's parents.

" She's barely been home these last few days. " Amara tells Darius as Imani comes in dressed differently and looking dark and different.

" Family you all here? " Imani says as Junior runs to hug her but she pushes him off her.

" This is leather and I don't need you getting it all sticky. " Imani says shocking everyone.

" Hey " Darius yells.

" You do not push your brother like that young lady, " Darius yells.

" Imani, what's wrong with you? " Treyvon asks.

" Your all annoying me right now, " Imani says rolling her eyes and taking out her phone.

" We know you have been skipping classes, where have you been going? " Amara asks.

" Ledesi let me guess you have been snitching on me not cool. " Imani says to her friend.

" You are not okay, talk to us. " Ledesi tries to reach out to Imani.

" Am exhausted by all you, I am grown and I am the spectre. I can do anything and no one can stop me. " Imani says raising her hand.

" You wouldn't dare! " Amara shouts as Imani smiled and her skin and eyes began to turn blue.

" Do you see this? " Ledesi screamed as Talu appeared in the room and grabbed Imani's hands before they both disappeared.

" Was that your dead grandma? " Ledesi asks Junior and Treyvon as Amara was pissed.

" I am going to kill that girl, what has gotten into your daughter," Amara says to Darius as she takes her phone to call her sister.

" Our daughter," Darius corrects.

Imani was taken to the Ancestral realm.

" What do you think you are doing? " Talu asked her granddaughter as all the ancestors had appeared and were all present.

" Teaching them not to mess with me. " Imani answers.

" You could have hurt or killed my daughter, our family, your father and brothers," she speaks reason.

Imani looks around and sees the Ancestral realm was not colorful and beautiful like it's always been.

" What happened here? " Imani asked.

" You did, whatever is happening to you is affecting here. " Imani's Grandmother tells her as she smiles.

" That's your problem, not mine, am out of here. " Imani says as the Ancestors were not letting her leave.

Her face changed and she wasn't happy.

" Trapping me like Adasa how unoriginal, she told me everything. " Imani says as Talu is surprised.

" You have been speaking to Adasa? " She asks Imani.

" You know I always wondered what if this place was destroyed what would happen to all of you, would you pass to the afterlife or become nothing? " Imani says to her grandmother.

" Let's find out shall we," Imani says as she began to glow and channel her powers and created a small ball of darkness in her hand and she shot that darkness into the sky which began destroying the ancestral realm.

" No more ancestors, " Imani says as the ancestors begin to disappear.

" I was told you would be scared of me. Try to contain me cause am getting stronger just like Adasa did and you won't let anyone grow powerful. " Imani tells her grandmother.

" Adasa was no hero, my dear Imani, "Talu's last words as she turned into dust and all the ancestors were gone.

Imani was now evil. Returning to the physical world.

" They are gone? " George asked twice to be sure.

" Yes they turned into ash," Imani tells him.

" Those old crows are gone Nairobi is ours. " George says laughing.

" What next Father? " Badu asked.

" We open the door? " George tells them.

" What door? " Imani is confused.

"The door, the only one in existence, the portal to the first world. " George says as Imani didn't know why.

" To bring our kind into this world and free Adasa she is our Queen. " George explains.

" Being a prisoner sucks and that dungeon she's in is very scary. " Imani says as Badu takes her hands.

" You will help us, right to save our family? " Badu whispers to her as Imani wanted to help Adasa.

" Not all trapped in that world are evil people some of them are like us and want to live in peace here, Imani we are not evil we are good people, " George tells Imani who agreed and would gladly help.

That night the wabasi took over Nairobi exposing themselves and destroying everything in sight as they took camp at the Nairobi University that's where they were going to bring the door and open it.

Amara and Darius and their family were watching the news.

" They aren't supposed to be in this world. " Amara says as a news crew were at Nairobi University watching all the creatures going in.

" Where is Imani? " Ledesi asked watching the television scared for her friend.

" She will save the day, she always does. "Junior tells his family as he still believed in his sister.

" Nairobi on Fire that could be a good song. " Treyvon says everyone looks at him pissed.

Meanwhile, at the top of the Nairobi University main campus building, Imani stood there watching Nairobi burn.

" It's beautiful," Badu whispers as Imani smiled agreeing.

" Maybe Fire will finally cleanse this city, " Imani tells Badu who couldn't agree more.

" Let's bring that door here, " George says to the other wabasi members as they spread out all around the campus and began chanting.

Meanwhile in Voi, Taveta.

At the rural Wakesho Family home Zahara was getting ready for bed and had no idea what was happening in Nairobi as the house began to shake as she got up and went to her late mother's room.

" Mother is that you? " She calls out as she goes and opens the bedroom door to find the door standing there as the room was empty and it began glowing before it disappeared.

The room turned back to normal.

Her phone rang and she took and answered it.

" Sister is crazy over here, Nairobi is literally on fire and Imani is nowhere to be found. " Amara tells Zahara.

" That's not the only thing cause the door just disappeared," Zahara says shocking Amara.

" What do you mean the door isn't there? " Amara asks.

" It just disappeared. " Zahara says as Amara knew it was worse than she thought or ever knew and her daughter was at the center.

To be continued......