Part 8: Ren's POV

Masato went and sat at the table as I walked over to him. I took his temperature, "100.2." I stood and kissed the top of Masato's head. He blushed and put his hand on the spot I had just kissed and I kissed his hand. He gasped in surprise and moved his hand.

~TIME GAP~

It had been eight days. Masato got worse and slept on and off for 3 days. By then it had been five days. When he woke he seemed fine. Hungry, but fine.

I had already started going back to class. And now it was Saturday. No class, just Masato and me. The rest of student, including Starish, were on a trip. I declined to go so I could take care of Masato, who seemed to be pretty healthy.

It was 11am and the coaches for the trip had already left and wouldn't be back for another four days, this meant no teachers, and no classes.

I had just woken up and Masato was sat writing, he marked the page with neat and controlled brushstrokes.

"Good morning." He looked at me.

"Morning. Have you had breakfast yet?"

He shook his head. "I was waiting for you." He blushed.

"Well let's go then. Ah, but I should take your temperature first." I walked over to him thermometer in hand. "98.7. I would say you're fine now. Do you feel okay?"

Masato nodded and unlocked the door.

"Wait. Before we leave," I walked up to him and kissed him on the lips. I pulled away and opened the door and walked out. "Come on."

We walked to a small café just past the park.

"Ren, you're still in your pajamas."

I looked down and laughed. "Oh well, we're here now. Go sit down. I'll ask for a menu."

I watched Masato go and sit by the window, staring to the sky.