CH 5 - BROWNIES AND YOU

"Hyun-chan! Hurry up!"

Someone is calling me, but who?

"Do you believe in angels? You know, there are angels in this world that can fulfil the wishes of people."

Tohru? Tohru, is that you?

"One day, you'll meet your angel too."

Angel?

"I'll meet you tomorrow. We will play guitar together. Promise me, you will play."

I – I promise.

"Then I'll come tomorrow. Goodbye, Hyun-chan!"

No, wait! Tohru! Where are you? Tohru! Tohru!!!

"Tohru..." I open my eyes. A dream? But it felt so real. I stretch my arms and looked up.

"Oh, Lord! You scared me."

"Mr Hyunbin Sato, if you doze off like that on your work, then someday your shop will get robbed. Not all your customers are loyal like me who will wait for you to wake up."

I flashed an awkward smile, "Actually, I'm on a heavy dose of medication and that's why I feel sleepy most of the time."

"Heavy dose? What happened? Are you having your chest pain again?"

"Ah, it's not that serious. My previous medicines were not working properly so the doctor changed the dosage."

In a concerned way he asked, "You look pale and weak; you have also lost some weight. And you are saying there is nothing serious!"

"Maybe because I'm skipping meals. I told you about my new part-time job, you remember?" He nodded. "Because of that I'm quite busy nowadays. But once I start eating properly, I will gain weight again." He still looked unconvinced.

"Kai, don't worry. I'm not going to die," I said jokingly. "What brings you here?"

"To buy books of course! I'm buying these," he put them on desk.

I packed the books and gave him the bill, "There you go."

"Thanks."

In the meantime, Grandpa came and I left the store with Kai for my part-time job. We were walking on the street. The greenery is slowly converting into different shades of orange.

"Are you going home now?"

"Yes."

"What are going to do, study?"

"Um... probably going to read the books."

"Boringggg..."

He chuckled, "What do you want me to do then?"

"Do you want free food?"

"Free? I have money and I can for both of us."

"Come on! You don't know the joy of getting free food. The café, where I work is pretty expensive but the owner is really generous. She always gives me drinks and food after work."

"I see. So, you are going for your work now?"

"Yes, I'm so excited that we will work together. LET'S GO! LET'S GO!" I grab his arm.

"Huh? We? Together?"

At café

"Why am I doing this?" Kai was sulking at the corner.

"Hey! Don't just sit there. Bring the food to table no.7."

The place was crowded in half-an-hour. There were mostly female customers today. I saw some girls asking Kai his number and wanting to take picture with him. Ahh... youngsters these days! It was fun to watch him rejecting their request. I saw a girl asking him something. He shook his head. I couldn't hear anything what they were talking about. He then looked at me and wave merrily. Eh? I was confused. I wave him too. WEIRDDDD~ Why am I getting so nervous? My cheeks were burning and I could hear my heart beating like crazy. I took a deep breath and exhale. I did it for a couple of times.