Chapter 5

"Don't tell me... You know who the bounty hunter is that is trying to kill Padme. Even worse i sure hope your not on his side or trying to his his identity."

Y/n had been completely stunned by this accusation that Anakin had put on her. Moreover she had never seen anyone talk to he with such bitterness and aggression. She couldn't deny that his tone had terrified her to some degree.

"What?...Are you serious?"

She asked with pure disbelief that he could even suggest such a thing. Her eyes began to gloss over but she refused to break down and cry infront of Anakin, she was stronger than that.

"No that's far from the truth Anakin."

"How so? Go on then and tell me. Then I might believe you."

He soon realised that he had almost brought her to tears, maybe he had gone too far.

"As i said... that's far from the truth. Do you really think so little of me? Have such little trust in me? I know we haven't even know each other for long but what you just said is ridiculous."

Immediately Anakin began to regret his irrational outburst as he saw the fear in the eyes of the girl stood before him. The sincerity in her voice and words was enough alone to tell she was telling the truth and she had no involvement.

What was he thinking trying to accuse another Jedi, she was right.

"Y/n i'm so sor-"

"- If you still don't believe me and really must know... Yes i encountered a bounty hunter, not who we are after though."

"What do you mean other bounty hunter? who exactly?"

"Someone from my past. Before the Jedi. Someone who i associate very tragic and painful events with that i do not wish to talk about."

Dissapointed in her teammate, y/n managed to calmly remove herself from the situation. Not once reciprocating the same anger back towards Anakin but more disappointed he thought so little of her.

'What even gave him the impression that i couldn't be trusted?'

"I'm sorry for misreading the situation...I truly am y/n. It's not that i don't trust you... Im just...i don't know...I'm just on edge... worried about Padme getting hurt."

He attempted to apologise as y/n headed towards the door.  y/n was too tired to carry on and didn't want to talk or even look at  Anakin in fear of saying something she would regret.

"I am just as worried too, she is my friend."

To that comment Anakin previously forgotten how close y/n and Padme are. Of course she would never do that to her own friend. Shamefully, he lowers his head after watching the girl leave the room. He knew she was going to want a little space.

———

"Oh y/n there you are! I was just about to bring you some food." Padme excitedly offers as she runs into he friend with a tray full of food.

"Oh. Thank you Padme." she gently smiles back, appreciate her kindness. She was always thinking of others and y/n was very grateful of that.

"Come on, why don't we go sit down somewhere so you can eat." The senator suggests as y/n agrees as follows her lead.

Padme ended up leading them to a incredible grand Balcony, one that had an amazing overview of the rest of the palace.