Chapter 7

Drearily opening my eyes, i am forced to squint due to the blinding morning light flooding in. I surprisingly woke up feeling very energised today .

"huh? why am i still in my outfit from yesterday?" i mumbled to myself in confusion.

Then i remembered about yesterday... and the conversation i had with Anakin. For some odd reason i kind of regret spilling my whole past onto him the other day, it makes me feel scared knowing he knows that much about me. I do trust the guy though.

My mind also travels back to how intimate it was, although nothing happened it was still a lot to process. A sense of guilt consumed me, as much as I didn't agree with many rules of the Jedi, i would still hate to think i was betraying what i worked so hard for. It wasn't right but i knew i could feel my emotions growing stronger for that boy.

Most of all i didn't want these feelings to make me selfish like master Windu and Yoda had warned previously. All in all, i was very indecisive on what to do with this situation: do i forget about them and ignore it? or do I say something?

No. I can't risk saying anything, there's a high likelihood he doesn't reciprocate the same answer back. And instead was just trying to be nice the other day.

Maybe i will just have to try forget about it all today as best i could.

For the rest of the day, I was with Padme helping her prepare all the food onto long extravagant buffets. I hadn't actually seen Anakin today to my relief, I think Padme had instructed him onto another job.

"That looks perfect y/n, i think we did a great job!" Padme happily chimes as she takes a step back to admire our organised masterpiece.

I had never seen such a grand and fancy room, it was massive, with elegant pillars that stretched up really high to a detailed and carved roof. There was a balcony that stretched all around the perimeter of the room where you could get a view of the whole floor below, accompanied with grand wide staircases at either end of the room.

Opposite the long buffet, there was a incredibly huge bar with stools and a few long cushioned seats. It's crazy to think within a few hours this whole place will be packed.

"Right y/n! Time for us to get ready." Padme excitedly says as she grabs my arms and leads me to the rooms directions.

"Wait? I thought i would just be looking out for you outside the room." I question as i though the sensible option was to lay low and watch from afar.

"No! Not a chance, both you and Anakin will still be with me but your invited to the event. Therefore we must get ready." She instructs and I happily smile, quite excited at experiencing what it would be like to get stuck in the middle of it all.

"What does that mean i get to dress up as-well." I ask as my excitement grows bigger, this sounds like something younger me would die for.

"You know it. And before you stress about not having anything to wear, you can borrow something of mine." She kindly offered as we have now made it to her room and she dramatically swings open the wardrobe doors.

Not soon after, Padme was in her full outfit. She looked absolutely insane, i had always wondered how it's possible to be that effortlessly beautiful. I had often seen her all dressed up, after all she was a senator. But this show stopping dress really topped the lot.

"Your turn now!" She says once holding up a selection of dresses before me.

"which one do you think Padme?" I question as i was trying to narrow it down to about two dresses now.