nine

mercedes didn't like her new home nor did she like her new neighborhood. mercedes expected australia to be a lovely place that had kangaroos and koalas everywhere, but that wasn't the case.

mercedes lived in a gigantic neighborhood that housed the richest people of australia. of course, she was used to that kind of scenario, but mercedes also wanted to live the simple life.

she wanted to live in a quaint neighborhood in a quaint town, she wanted to be able to go to a public school instead of a snobby rich kid school, and she most definitely wanted to live a normal teenager's life.

that wasn't the case for mercedes though.

sure, she was already used to it because she had lived this kind of life for fifteen years, but now that she was turning sixteen, she felt like she wanted to become independent and that meant she wanted to stop having the "celebrity" life. mercedes wasn't even a celebrity, but her parents were and that was enough to prove that mercedes was a celebrity. besides, she will be starring in a movie with her friends soon.

"you okay?" lucas asked her. mercedes gave him a reassuring smile before dismissing him. lucas was mercedes's boyfriend and even though lucas loved her with all his heart, they were just for publicity.

mecha's parents didn't like seeing her upset because of brooklyn, so they decided to pair her up with lucas finley. lucas finley was a model and even though every girl would drop dead on their knees for him, mecha didn't. mecha only liked being with him because he was actually nice and he wasn't a fuckboy. mecha only yearned for one person and that person was brooklyn.

sure, she flipped him off during the last letter and she continuously ignores him, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she hates him. mecha was so in love with him that she felt like it wasn't a good thing anymore. she felt like loving brooklyn wasn't the right thing and she felt like she had to stop.

but she didn't though. even after a publicity relationship with lucas, she still managed to fall deeply in love with brooklyn and she knew that it wouldn't end well. she knew that she had to tell someone before matters get worse.

she had to break the news to lucas before somebody else can.

IM BACK HI I MISSED YOU GUYS SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING I APOLOGIZE :( lucas will be played by grayson dolan