𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟏: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐀 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐩

𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙜𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚. 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. (Please note, this book has not been proofread and may contain minor grammatical and or punctuation errors. If you find any please feel free to berate me in the comments. Thanks. ( ̄ε(# ̄)

𝘿𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙥. https://www.patreon.com/saydahope

Running in the hall, a couple of the bodyguards slam the doors shut, one grabbing the man, pushing him farther down the hallway. Armed guards rush forward, past the escorted man, raising their weapons at the locked doors.

One of the guards tripping a force field, a hue of blue light flashes up the doors. A rich male, Malignant has invested in what he thought was wise, electric shields that tamper with teleporting breed's and their senses, inhibiting them from phasing through walls they can't see through.

Running with the bodyguard, Malignant looks over his shoulder to see a swirl of black mist whirl inside the door, gray eyes lighting within the black as the armed guards begin firing their weapons.

Unfortunately, what shields work against teleporters, does not work on Shadow Shifters.

Shoving his boss, the bodyguard stays outside the large door as it starts to close. Vault door sealing, Malignant pants as he backs to his desk. Hurrying around it, he plants his hands on the desk, tapping a key on the keyboard built into the surface, a screen of light rising into view.

The scene outside the door, the bodyguard raises his smaller weapon from inside his suit coat. The black mist swirling around the muscled male, he drop with a splat of blood on the door, the killer's claw retracting back into the smog.

Standing straight from the desk, Malignant fills his lungs with fearful breaths, his eyes widening, the pupils of his prey breed shrinking. Staring at the door, one of Malignant's breaths becomes visible, his body feeling the chill of the black mist as it swirls past him. The air dropping in temperature in that instant, he shakes slightly as he slowly turns. Eye to eye with the cloud of mist as it fades atop one of the filing cabinets, Malignant watches 2 gray eyes catch the dull light in the room, reflecting it, a long gray tail of scales uncurling down to the floor.

Stumbling backwards, Malignant grabs his desk, raising his other hand, a drip of blood falling to the floor from it. "How?! How the Hell did you track me?!" The killer's head leaning forward, 2 gray horns curving back in his mix of black and dark blue hair. The scent of Malignant's blood creeping in his nose, the killer licks his fangs. Looking to his hand, Malignant realizes the cut on his hand, wasn't a failed attempt, but merely a backup plan to trail him deep into his safe room. Standing, the killer's shining eyes follow Malignant's movements. "Wait! Wait!" He pleads. "I will pay you! Double whatever the price on my head is." His claws extend at his sides. "Okay! Triple!"

At once, the killer's posture changes, dialing down his menace. Stepping from the top of the cabinet, down to the top of Malignant's desk, the killer strolls, shoving his hands into the pockets of his ripped jeans. Looking less intimidating the more this hired assassin acts like some dude bro hanging outside of Hot Topic. The dude suddenly dropping to a squat in front of him, Malignant yelps, not able to so easily forget his neck is still on the line.