𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟓: 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧

𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙜𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚. 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. (Please note, this book has not been proofread and may contain minor grammatical and or punctuation errors. If you find any please feel free to berate me in the comments. Thanks. ( ̄ε(# ̄)

𝘿𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙥. https://www.patreon.com/saydahope

"It was terrifying!" the woman yelps to the news reporter on site outside the subway. "That creature was going to eat us all alive!"

Medics and police roam the background, their vehicles flashing silent lights. People being tended to on site after the incident.

"We have word that Madam is about to make a statement," the reporter pulls the mic to herself, lowering her hand from her ear. "We go there now, live."

Cameras flashing, Burden passes the podium, taking point at one corner as Madam comes from the curtains off stage. She rests her hands on the podium, each flashbulb flexing the pigments in her velvet skin, colors and hues shifting, exposing the bones beneath.

"I assure the human occupants of this world you are safe. This is a singular event my personnel are handling with immediate actions."

A news man raises a mic to himself with a question. "This summons that attacked the subway train has been described as more of an animal of your species. Is this true?"

"Yes," she answers firmly. "Where Humans like to compare all summons to animals, saying our powers and abilities make us inhuman," she describes, almost trying a tone of self pity, putting guilt on the humans questioning her. "In our world we had true animal breeds. Lesser evolved summons that lived in the wild the same as your world has its birds, deer and fish." She grows a stern frown. "Our arrival to this world was strongly monitored and managed. No animal breeds were permitted to come with us. Our mission was to save our more evolved breeds who could adapt to this new world and ways of life. It was the safest option I had for your humanity. My Civil Response department is launching an investigation into this incident and will have answers shortly." Stepping back from the mics, Madam turns from the reporters, satisfied with her address. Shouting their further questions, the reporters call to her as she walks off, followed by Burden with a roll of the massive male's shoulders in his square suit.

"Anything else you would like to say?" the news woman on site asks the crying subway passenger.

"I... just want to say thank you to the summons that helped us." The survivor sniffles.

"There was a summons on the train as well?" the reporter's interest is captured.

"Yes, he chased off the summons creature. He had appeared out of nowhere in a poof of black mist. It was perfect timing!"

"Black mist?"

"Yeah, he had dark gray horns and a tail, he looked more inhuman than any summons I've ever seen, but, he helped us."

Turning to the camera, the reporter shows her fascination with this summons when the TV is shut off.

Setting the remote on the ornate coffee table, Mercy pushes his other hand in the pocket of his suit slacks, his brows lowering in a thoughtful examination of the black screen.