𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟔: 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙜𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚. 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. (Please note, this book has not been proofread and may contain minor grammatical and or punctuation errors. If you find any please feel free to berate me in the comments. Thanks. ( ̄ε(# ̄)

𝘿𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙥. https://www.patreon.com/saydahope

The Captain of district 10 stands, glancing over at Lieutenant Pérez, then looks back to Madam's cold manner, her soured mood that puts the few officers in the morgue on edge.

The couple of summons that flank her, pass glancing checks on the humans while Madam stares down at Burden's body. Her eyes glide from his body, to his severed arm and head on the table nearby.

"Captain?" All eyes move to Madam. "Who was the officer that reported to Burden?"

The Captain stiffens. "Ricardo Pérez, Ma'am." He waves a hand at his side for the lieutenant to step forward.

Taking that step, he nearly jumps it backwards when Madam turns, her image pulsing colors across her face, her eyes flexing hues of purples and blues. Calmly, the summons ruler moves forward, her approach towards the young human steady and certain. "You reported your sighting of Creep being during an argument with a human named Jane Rhodes. The discussion sounding like a lover's spat."

"Y-Yes Ma'am."

Cooly, she leans back, her spine straightening. "This, gentlemen, is why I keep a tight grip on my own kind. To protect everyone." Her eyes move to Burden. "Imagine the outcome, Captain, if you had sent even your finest SWAT team after this summons. How many heads would you have sent home to their families?" The Captain swallows, unsure what disturbs his gut feeling more, the idea of dead comrades, or the smooth speech from the one claiming to protect them? "Creep's breed is called shadow shifter, it is a mongrel breed born in the last 100 years. He is the last of his breed, violent, dangerous, and blood thirsty." She places her hands delicately behind her. "Burden was truly a brave male to face such a creature alone. A creature poised to kill anything at any moment for simply looking him in the eye."

Her pigment flexing, her skin flashes colors and skin tones, the glass ribcage behind her loose blouse showing her pulsing heart of purples and pinks, the organ beating stronger the longer she stares at Burden's body atop the cold slab.

Walking up to the back of Jane's couch, Creep stands at attention, holding out a silver tray of food. "Hors d'oeuvres, Ma'am," his intelligence and deep non-rhotic accent butcher the words. He leans with the tray, the tiny black skirt he's wearing riding up his meaty thighs. The hems of the maid outfit nowhere where they should be, the frilly shoulder straps stuck around his biceps, the waist having no hopes to ever be brought in again. Blankly, he stares forward as Jane perks at the assortment presented her. Carefully, she raises a dainty hand over the food squares, selecting a bite with a picky eye.

Coming up the wooden steps of Jane's deck, Brad slows, seeing men at work, removing broken panes of glass from the frontage of her condo. They have areas blocked off, the door a makeshift entry of wood for the time being.