01. never grow up

PHOEBE PARKER loved her family more than anything

PHOEBE PARKER loved her family more than anything. It was only her brother, her aunt and her, but it was enough for the three of them. The family had been hunted by death, one by one, and they were the ones who still remained. First came her parents. Richard and Mary Parker were taking their 5-year-old daughter towards S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters, as they were both agents. Phoebe had been ill for quite some time, so they left their youngest kid, Peter, with Richard's brother, Benjamin, and his wife, May. Their family didn't know about their real job, nor did they know about how they met there. So, they told them that they were taking Phoebe to a well-known hospital in Washington D.C.. It was on their way, when they got hit by something they didn't see coming.

When Nick Fury and his best team arrived on the scene, they only found the bodies of the married couple. No Phoebe in sight. Quickly, the whole world was looking for her. And when she came back, seven years later, it had been a miracle. No one, including May and Peter, knew the truth about where she had been. S.H.I.E.L.D made sure to keep it hidden. Everyone had been told that she had been kidnapped, but remained healthy. Disguised as doctors and psychiatries, the organisation leaded by Nick Fury helped her heal as much as possible. And, they also helped her learn how to deal with the powers she had acquired while being at the Red Room.

HYDRA, the Red Room's ally, had made sure to cure the girl's illness. And later, they kept experimenting on her while training her to become a deadly assassin. Fury knew he couldn't let her talent vanish into nothing, so he gave her the choice to help people with the abilities she gained so young. Phoebe immediately wanted to train to become better, and Natasha Romanoff along with Clint Barton made sure that she was. Her aunt thought that she was just going to see her doctors, and later that she had gained an internship at her dad's old job. Using the same cover he did. And May believed her completely. After her husband had died, and it was only Peter and her for a while, she promised herself she would be the best parent ever.

She followed through that promise with flying colours.

After S.H.I.E.L.D's downfall, Tony had recruited Phoebe. This time around she told May the truth, that she was an intern for Tony Stark. Because she truly was. As she was only 17, he didn't want to just make her a hero. She needed to learn a few things first. So, most of the time, she stayed at the Avengers Tower with Maria Hill while they both watched over the Avengers' missions. She still got trained by Natasha and Clint, although she was preparing to fight aliens and weirdos, not just bad simple men. Besides, after years of missing regular school, and having to catch up with all that she missed and more, as soon as she turned 16 she dropped out. So, she only focused on her double life.

And every day, she would come back to her regular life as Phoebe Parker. However, sometimes she still sneaked out at night, using the suit she had created alongside Tony for herself. She gained the alias Spider-Girl because of her abilities. She could shoot webs from her hand-made mechanical web shooters. She had super-strength, enhanced healing, night vision, super-agility and speed, she could crawl walls, and she had what she called, Spidy sense. In addition, she could communicate with spiders, which is something she never told anyone. It was her little secret, the only thing she felt like she could really keep to herself.