05. electric touch

SPIDER-GIRL had missed the feeling of adrenaline that ran through her veins during a mission

SPIDER-GIRL had missed the feeling of adrenaline that ran through her veins during a mission. She had been complimented for her new suit, and god, did she feel comfortable in it. It was as if her spider skin was her real one, and without it she couldn't feel at peace. Glancing at the world in her spider-like eyes, everything seemed so much clearer. She awaited for her signal, hiding in the dark. Thor and Steve stood in front of her, nodding at each other. They had found the location of the thief, where they expected Ultron to be as well. Steve turned to the teen, whose identity remained a secret behind the mask. It was impossible to see her expression, but by the way she stretched her limbs, it looked like she was more than ready.

Too in her head, she hadn't been listening like the others. Tuning into Ultron's words, she heard him say, "Don't compare me with Stark! Stark is... He's a sickness!"

That's when Tony decided to make his entrance, landing from above. "Ah, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart."

Ultron turned around, the twins stepping forward from behind the robot, "If I have to." He said.

"Nobody has to break anything." Thor intervened. From behind him, the teen tried to see, but she couldn't as the three men covered her sight. She sighed to herself, thankfully not bringing any attention to her.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet." Ultron replied, making Phoebe raised her eyebrows behind her mask.

"He beat me by one second." Tony commented.

"Ah, yes. He's funny, Mr. Stark. It's what? Comfortable?" One of the twins, Pietro, spoke as he stepped forward, "Like old times?"

"This was never my life." Tony replied truthfully.

Steve decided to speak to the siblings, trying to save them from a bad decision, "You two can still walk away from this."

"Oh, we will." Wanda replied with a mocking smile.

"I know you've suffered." Steve tried again, earning a gag from Ultron.

"Captain America. God's righteous man. Pretending you could live without a war." Ultron said. Steve's jaw clenched, but he didn't say anything. "I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but-"

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor interrupted him, speaking wisely.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet." Ultron told him.

"Uh-huh. What's the vibranium for?" Tony wondered.

Right before Ultron replied, Phoebe felt goosebumps in her skin. She nodded at Thor, signalling that something bad was about to happen. And then he nodded as Steve, while Ultron spoke, "I'm glad you asked that because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan." The attack was immediate, and everyone was forced to fight quickly.