Santa's Little Harpers

"Yes! Winter break has officially begun! Goodbye, backpack. Hello, couch back," Dawn exclaims in excitement as she tosses her backpack on the ground and falls onto the couch.

"This is the last time you'll see me in pants 'til New Year's," Nicky warns the others.

"Nicky, I know you're my friend, but if you don't keep your pants on, I'm disowning you," Y/n says in her sweetest voice as she hangs up her pink and white jacket and black gloves.

"Aww, Y/n!" Nicky whines, his hands stopping in midair.

"And of course, what would the holidays be without daring Dicky to lick the frozen mailbox?" Ricky brings up right before Dicky walks into the house with his tongue attached to the mailbox.

"So uncool, guys."

"You should know not to lick frozen objects by now, Dicky," Y/n reprimands him. "Remember when you licked that frozen pole last year? The year before that, it was the frozen slide!"

"Oh, I don't think anyone's forgetting that, Y/n. Remember how Mom had to pour hot water all over the slide just so he could get his tongue unstuck?" Ricky recalls.

"Of course I remember. Dicky could only eat soft foods for a month after that incident." The entire room fills with boisterous laughter as the children recount the past memory.

Everything is super lighthearted until the joyful moment is shattered by Dawn. "Okay, fun time's over. Let's talk gift-snooping strategy. So... Where do you think Mom and Dad hid the presents this year?"

"Attic," Dicky attempts to say with his frozen mouth. The word ends up coming out muffled.

"What?" Nicky asks in confusion.

"Attic!" Dicky tries again, even pointing at the ceiling to get his meaning across.

"Wait a minute. What about the attic?" Ricky suddenly suggests.

"Ricky, you're a genius," Dawn applauds him.

"That's what I said!" Dicky shouts in indignation.

"Let's go!" Y/n declares, getting ready to race up the stairs. She stops, however, when she notices all of the quads staring at her with baffled expressions on their faces. "What?" the confused girl questions her friends.

"You're actually going along with this plan? You don't have any objections?" Ricky cautiously inquires.

"No. Should I?" she responds in a perplexed voice.

"No, of course not!" Nicky quickly assures her. "It's just that usually you would be telling us that snooping is wrong, and we shouldn't be doing it."

A look of understanding passes over the girl's face. "I guess you're right," she eventually responds. "It's the holidays, though, so I suppose a little naughtiness can be overlooked. Plus, I really want to know if your parents got me art supplies. You guys know how much I've been wanting waterproof colored pencils."

"Well then, let's go!" Nicky exclaims as he takes off running up the stairs. Everyone is quick to follow him except Dicky, who's tongue is still attached to the mailbox.

~~~

The old wood creaks underneath the children's feet as they ascend the stairs to the attic. Immediately after reaching the top, they go their separate ways and proceed to search the entire attic for the presents.

"I hope Mom and Dad got us a Maxbox," Ricky loudly states.

"I know," Dicky agrees. "Last year's gaming system is so two years ago."