Part 4- the battle

It was just another normal day. Anna woke up got ready did her makeup. But today she put on a new perfume her mom bought her.

She was wearing a t shirt from her debate class and a skirt that was also new. She had her hair up in a pink claw clip.

She ran down stairs.

"Hey mom!" Anna said with a smile.
"Oh hey sweetie!" "You seem happy" her mom said.
"Well of course there's a test today and I'm gonna do better than brayden!" Anna said
"Sweetie he became a cute boy why don't you drop this shit and take him on a date." Her mom said with a smirk.
"Are you kidding me," "never." Anna said with a mood change.

Anna ran out the door with orange juice in her hand and toast in her other. She hopped in Kate's moms car and they went to school.

When Kate and Anna got out of the car they saw Brayden with girls all around him smiling.

"When did he get cute?" Kate said
"Never. He isn't." Anna said with a look of disgust.

"Cmon you know you would date him." Kate said with a Smile. "Yeah in your dreams." Anna said while rolling her eyes.
                  ANNAS POV
I was walking into school laughing with Kate about a funny video we saw on tiktok. Then we stood there and messed around before we got to class because we don't have many classes together. She's more worried about volleyball then school so she has lower classes then me. We started to talk about what we were doing this weekend and she mentioned her brother thinking I was cute. Which is weird because I see her brother as a brother. Then we sadly had to go our separate ways and I went to first period.
Once I got it first period I was the first one in there like always and we had a sub. Which was kind of sad because it meant that kids would talk and distract me while we took the test. But I don't care I am still gonna beat Brayden and get a better score.

Me and Brayden finished our test at the same time.
"I finished awhile ago." Brayden said with a smirk.
"Yeah right" I said.
"I saw you just finish writing."
"Do you like to stare at me or something darling." Brayden said while looking down at me.
"Oh shut up." I said while I went to walk back to my desk.

I did some homework while I was waiting for first period to end.
I looked up and Brayden was looking me up and down.
I thought to myself "He's probably judging me." "Maybe I shouldn't of worn this" "who cares what he thinks"

He saw that I was looking at him too and he looked away and started to mess with his friends.

The bell finally rang and I started to walk to my second period. I had ceramics second period. One of my least favorite classes. I had no one in there to talk to.

As I was walking down the hallway a girl named Kayla was talking to Brayden right out side of my locker. She was all over him. I was disgusted.

"Can you move? Or just get a room maybe?" I said while rolling my eyes.
"Jealous?" Brayden said with a smirk.
"Get out of here nerd." The Kayla girl told me.
"That's rude." Brayden said while moving away from her.
"You're a nerd too Brayden." I said
"I know and a better one then you" he said back.
"Yeah ok Brayden." I said as I left and started to walk to ceramics.
He ran up to me and said "I like when you say my name" "because that's what you'll be saying when I get into Yale and you don't." He said with a smirk.
"That doesn't even make sense idiot." I said as I left him.

I got to ceramics and couldnt stop thinking about him. His eyes weren't ugly they were actually really pretty. His hair is so fluffy. And he's annoying.

I went through 3rd and 4th period. And finally it was lunch. Today I brought carrots, peanut butter and jelly, and some chips.

Me and Kate sit in the library. Well I kinda force her.
We were sitting enjoying our lunch and all I hear is Brayden. He never goes in there and he came up to us.

"Hey ladies" his best friend James says.
"What do you want." I say while eating a carrot.
"Nothing just thought I'd say hi to you Anna." He says in reply.
Brayden didn't even look at me.

They walked away before I knew it.

The school day finally came to a end and Kate came over to my house.

We were laying on my floor eating skittles and watching twilight.

I get a ding on my phone. I look down to see what it is.

"THE TEST GRADES ARE OUT" I scream with excitement.

"I've never met someone like you" Kate says with a laugh.

"I got a 97% dammit I got one wrong." I said with disappointment.
"Brayden prob beat you then." Kate said jokingly.
"That's not funny Kate Brayden and his pretty blue eyes will never beat me in English class." I said
"Pretty blue eyes?" Kate said
"No I would never say that" I said after realizing what I said.
"Yes you did! Oh my gosh you think he's cute!!" Kate said with a big smile.
"Yeah no." I said while blushing.
"Mmm hm let's just watch this." Kate said.