Consequences

Shouta:

"Take a swan dive off the roof"

He hadn't slept a wink last night which was typical for him but the cause of it was very different. He had spent hours just rewatching the various clips off Bakugou that Nezu had got hold of. He hadn't been objective at all like he thought...he was a hypocrite for calling All Might biased because, in the end, he was as well. Because Shouta saw himself in Bakugou.

Everyone raised their brows at the screen as they heard Aizawa's thoughts. No matter how hard they tried to comprehend it, their minds couldn't make sense of how Aizawa could see himself in someone like Bakugo. 

Even Bakugo himself was totally baffled by the revelation. A part of him felt insulted that their sleep-deprived hobo sensei could even remotely see any similarities between them.

"Take a swan dive off the roof"

Surprising, right? 

"That's an understatement," Jiro said.

Most people would seriously question it considering how different they were. As a child, Shouta had been called a villain more times than he could count. Because every story needed to have a hero and a villain, so the kid who could take away quirks had to be the bad guy. It had driven him to be anti-social and closed off.

Mic and Nemuri's smiles dropped as they heard about Aizawa's experience. They placed their hands on his respective shoulders and gave a gentle squeeze to show their support.

Aizawa sighed and looked at them with a tired expression. "It's all right," he said, "those memories have stopped bothering me for a very long time."

Mic and Nemuri nodded and removed their hands from his shoulders. However, they knew that Aizawa was lying in order to divert attention and sympathetic stares from people around him.

"Take a swan dive off the roof"

He thought Bakugou faced the same experience. With a destructive quirk and rash personality, he believed he had been called a villain for most of his life which was why he was so abrasive. He thought Midoriya constantly mocked and belittled him using his meek demeanor as an out by pretending he was innocent. After all, it hadn't just been the case in his childhood, but from his experience as a teacher was also the case for teenagers he tended to be responsible for.

Momo didn't know how to express what she was feeling at that moment, but if she had to put it into words, she would say it was a mix of disappointment and shock. She couldn't understand how someone could be so wrong.

Growing up in a sheltered environment, Momo sometimes took longer to grasp people's true nature compared to some of her classmates who had experienced more challenging situations in life. However, since the very first day of school, she knew that Bakugo, who had rushed to attack a fellow classmate, was anything but a victim, and Izuku, the shivering boy who can barely hold eye contact with anything but the ground and was genuinely terrified of the blonde boy.

Momo felt bad for thinking this, especially after everything Aizawa had done to keep them safe. However, her respect and trust in him had depleted by another level after this revelation.

The reports he'd read from middle school made it seem like it was exactly the case. He usually didn't rely on them but he felt like he had to give the extreme results of the two students during the entrance exam - one who'd gotten solely villain points while the other got solely rescue points. He wanted to resolve the mystery – get an impression of them before he met them which was why he decided to go off them for once.