Chapter 5

***Monica's POV***

I shut the door as Gregory left the room. I sat back down on the bed and looked at Anna. She smiled up at me oblivious of what was going on. I leaned over and kissed her forehead. I began to remove the staples beginning with the ones closest to her neck.

He was a damn lucky one he didn't hit her with the staples. I began to remove the ones going down her arms. I would have spent the time in jail if he had stapled her. I would've killed him on the spot. I started to remove the ones by her stomach.

After removing all of the staples I picked her up and kissed her cheek. I set her back down and put her diaper on her. I placed her clothes back on her and got up. I tuned out the lights after changing into my pajamas.

I heard a noise coming from the living room. I opened my door and wen to the living room. I saw Gregory being strangely quiet. "You can hear them too? The neighbors are loud tonight" he said.

"I bet they are" I mumbled so he wouldn't hear me. I walked back into my bedroom and set Anna into her crib. She was getting tired and I was ready for bed myself.

I laid down in bed and stared at the ceiling. Today was a bad eventful day. Before the whole problem with Anna and the staples my boss was being hard on me at work. She had brought in 20 document folders and excepted them all to be done.

I had to eat granola bars for lunch since I left my purse in the car and I didn't have enough time to leave and go on a lunch break. When I was less than half way through with the papers we had a surprise meeting that I had to speak at.

Thankfully they had note cards, but I still looked like a fool. Once I was back at my desk I ripped a small part of my shirt on my drawer. And through the whole day of hell I only did about 15 of the folders.

I moved onto my side and looked at Anna. She was sleeping peacefully already. She was such a good baby. She rarely woke up in the night and didn't cry every hour. She was such a good girl, and she definitely didn't get it from her father. He was full of piss and vinegar and he knew it.

I fell asleep while my thoughts trailed off.