Chapter 10 {END}

"Oh dear, oh sweetie I'm so sorry. What happened?"

"Everything."

"Start from the beginning."

"Two days ago I went to work after a little fight with Gregory. When I came home Anna had been stapled to the bed. After telling him to sleep on the couch I removed the staples.

The next day I woke up and I was stapled to the bed. Not like Anna was but there were lines of staples around me. I was able to get out of bed. I went and told Gregory I couldn't stand this anymore and I wanted Anna to have a good life. I told him I wanted to divorce.

He punched me several times and it started to make my nose bleed. He agreed to the divorce. I told him I wanted to ride in separate cars because I didn't trust him. He left and I went to the bathroom to somewhat clean my nose.

I left with Anna to the courthouse. Once I was in the parking lot I saw ambulances go by. I realized I had a voicemail from Gregory and I listened to it. Loud banging and crashing sounds came in when his voice was cut off.

I began crying knowing he was probably in those ambulances. I drove to the hospital and sure enough he was there. I was with him his last hour or so. And here we are now."

It took her a moment to process everything. "I'm...I'm so sorry. Oh no darling. Come here." She said as she pulled me into a hug. "Is there anything I candy to help?"

"No."

"Ok, I love you."

"I love you too mom."