Chapter 5

Jaces POV
we finished dinner. we headed back home, she was tired. and she was upset. I could see it in her eyes. "you okay?" I asked.
she shook her head yes. "you sure?" I asked, and again it was a yes. I knew she was lying and could tell I knew.
"you can talk to me." I said.
she sighed. "why do you pretend to like me?" she asked.
"I don't pretend, Amber. you're beautiful. I know you don't see it but I do. I'm so happy we met.." I answered. she smiled and looked down.
"just know that..this is all I am, this is all I have and all I can give and I understand if it's not enough.." she said playing with her thumbs.
"listen to me. you're perfect. all that you are, all that you have and give, is enough for me. I don't know when I'm ever gonna meet someone like you again and I sure as hell am not missing my opportunity on leaving a girl who sees me for who I am. a normal-non famous kid." I replied.

Ambers POV

I smiled. he makes me so happy.
"hold on.." he said, his phone was ringing.
"hey Ethan..yeah sure..okay. see you soon." he said.
"wait..Ethan?" I said.
"Cutkosky." he answered.
my eyes went wide.
"my best friend loves Ethan!" I said.
"great they can meet!" he said.
I looked down.
"they can't meet.." I said.
"why not?"
"I couldn't stop her..she wouldn't let me she just ignored me..Jace..she jumped. and I couldn't fucking stop her in time! I couldn't grab her and it's my fault!" I screamed as tears poured from my eyes.
he pulled me close.
"it's not your fault..you tried..you did all you could." he said.
just then Ethan pulled in.
"hey dude. change in plans. we gotta go to a cemetery." he said.
Ethan nodded and we drove there.
"lead the way" Ethan said.
we went back to her grave.
"God I miss you Cassidy.." I said.
"I brought you someone.." I added.
I patted the spot next me and Ethan got on his knees.
"hey Cassidy..I'm sorry we have to meet like this. from what Amber told me in the car, you're beautiful, smart, kind, loving, caring..why'd you do it?" he said tearing up and his voice becoming faint.
"why'd such a beautiful girl end her life..I don't get it.." he continued. soon, I said goodbye and we left.

Ethan's POV
damn, Ambers gorgeous but she's Jaces. I can't do that to my friend it's not right. but she's just so beautiful..could I be falling for her...