Expect the Unexpected

Aiden Lynn was not your usual type of guy. For starters, he is a scientist, and mind you he is a really good one. He looks like your average next door mid-sixties neighbour. He was, well, different from others.

He was very pale as he mostly stayed indoors to mostly do research on various topics. He had brilliant blue eyes and a dashing white Van Dyke beard to go along with his diamond shaped face. There was just one thing peculiar about this old man.

No one knew what type of scientist he was. He barely stepped foot outside his home and it was mostly to just get groceries, the daily newspaper or packages he ordered via the internet.

As of now, Aiden Lynn was comfortably sitting on his couch an watching TV while sipping a cup of hot chocolate. He was scrolling through the channels and one of them piqued his interest.

" I am reporter Chlara Hoffs reporting on the scene of the house of Natasha Thompson, Age 24 who has been accused of holding an illegal extra terrestrial being in her residence. Officers are trying their best to raid her house to neutralize the threat while passer-bys stand by. We now have officer Nathan Watts with us along with the FBI trying to break down the reinforced metal door on the lady's house. Will they be successful? Will they contain the unknown specimen? Stay tuned to find out"

"Imbeciles" grunted Aiden. "Neutralize the threat? Those things wont even hurt a child wandering on its own!" He turns off the TV and gets up from the couch. He stretches his arms and rotates his hips for a few seconds and heads to the kitchen.

"Them Government bastards just want some publicity after letting that darned school shooter go scot free last Thursday" Aiden said to no one in particular. "Been doing a lot of screw ups lately don't you think Blubby" said Aiden in a gruff voice.

"SWEEEEEEEEE SWEEE SWEEEEE" squeaked a small green coloured alien with tentacles. Yup, you read that right. Our dear Dr. Aiden Lynn himself had his own extra-terrestrial pet in his house.

Blubby didn't look anything like an actual Blood-Thirsty, Flesh-Hungry alien. He was small, adorable, slimy and basically just kept squeaking whenever he was hungry or happy. Which was basically everytime! Obviously he won't try to do anything Earthshaking right?. Right?.... Only time would tell eventually.

Anyway back to Aiden. He chuckled at the adorable little alien before and him and smiled. He was quite happy he had Blubby by his side. He was quite lonely without him. His wife had passed away and his children left him for good as he didn't really interact or treat them good. He had crippling depression for 6 years and was slowly dying of loneliness. He had tried contacting his children multiple times but they almost always ignored him. The only person who would occasionally talk to him was his daughter, Sarah.

Aiden had a soft spot for Sarah what with her being a girl. he always favored her more than her brothers. Sarah appreciated it but also didn't like her father shoving away her brothers for her. She tried conveying this to her father many times but he didn't pay heed to her. Due to this Sarah, along with her brothers started disliking their father more and more to the point where they left him.

Sarah was able to patch the void in the heart of Aiden little by little by talking to him occasionally. That was until two years back, when Sarah became a victim to rape and was killed by her abuser. Her 2 brothers Tony and John held a funeral for her and forbade their father from entering during the burial. Aiden was not able to bare the pain at all. His one and only daughter, killed was lying dead with a blank expression on her face. He watched outside the cemetery and kept crying silently.

After the burial, Aiden secretly went to his daughter's grave and kneeled. The wind blew hard against the leafless trees. Aiden bowed with his face to ground.