Pt 1: The Mission in Your Favorite Game

It was Wednesday, 9 a.m., and three days before everyone's crowning ceremony when I woke up to the sound of knocking on my bedroom door. The kingdom of Galactea started to hustle up with excitement. The sounds of workers, trying to do their shifts so they would see the coronation, were evident in the background as I, a lightly red-skinned demon with good intentions, sat up from the bed, moving a claw to my head to scratch. The light from the window shined into my sleepy eyes as I glared groggily at the door. Stretching out my arms, legs, and impish tail I had no other choice but to ask.

"Who is it?" I called, only to hear an elegant voice. I scratched the small horns that hid in my short blue hair. I remembered for a second that the knock was rhythmic, and the soft clicking of heels. They didn't sound like stilettos, but more like ballet heels. I went and moved my claws to lightly separate my hair so it wouldn't tangle around my short red horns for too long.

"It's just me, ma'am. Patricia." Now that I recognized her knock, I couldn't help but be afraid of the mad woman. Patricia, or Sour Bean as I called her, was a Galactic servant much like the Pearls back at the Diamond Authority, but more like a mixed breed of Galactic Elves and Sableyes in my own opinion, but I didn't let her know that.

"I should've known you were coming. You did use your signature knock." I was hiding my whine as my voice cracked into a poor British accent. She and I had a history of…. Cruel training back in my first year on the job as a Creator-to-be. And let's say she's traditionally raised.

"Oh, uh, sorry to disturb your sleep, Lady Zhuqiao."

"No no no, you didn't wake me up. I've been up for hours most of the night filing paperwork." I made a reasonable excuse, relating it to work. Now that I am Queen of my father's kingdom and Royal Advisor in my best friend's, I have been stuck between making missions and performing royal duties in place of (his/her/their) majesty since I wanted to get some stress out of (his/her/their) hands. Besides, all of our friends in our young 20s like us. We have been working as our kingdom's saviors for eight years, and the Royal Family prior to Y/N's kingdom have passed down their relics and marks to us. "What is it?" I asked aloud. It took a while for my brain to work on me. I looked around the room, eyeing the mannequin wearing an outfit as my eyes started to water from sleepiness. I rubbed my eyes again, closing them as I turned my head in the direction of Patricia's voice.

"The gates will be opened soon, time to get out of bed and prepare for the event."

"Of course. Um, remind me whatever it is, again???"

"Your, (his/her/their) Majesty Y/N and your friends' coronation, ma'am," I repeated the words to myself in confusion, not recalling what day it was until the closet fairies came out of the closet, and grabbed the attire off the mannequin. I grabbed my holo-phone, confused still. And it took me a few more moments to process before seeing the date on my holo-phone. "OH— SHOOT!" I burst out of bed, my skin turning a bright yellow as I worried about being late, and dropped my phone in the process. "It's OUR coronation day!" The fairies flew after me when they saw me start packing a small bag of my Switch, some pokeballs, and a few journals. "Pass me my phone please!"

A few minutes went by, and I rushed out of the room with my bag in hand, my crimson cloak trailing behind me like my tail as I rushed to the throne room. My blue kimono-inspired top with ninja pants bottoms and hunter boots lightly flowed as I ran, yellow still evident on my face. I greeted each of the servants as I sped past them, being careful to not bump into them. My blue short hair unraveled the more I fret about being late as I saw the throne room gates. I shoved them open, only to see two of my comrades that were supposed to be here for the preparations of the ceremony. Andrew and my sister Pixie.

"Sis, you're late!" Pixie, remaining in her skeletal form, was playing on my extra Switch, pouting as she moved uncomfortably in her mauve suit and skirt. Her pink and blue, Cotton Candy Harley Quinn-styled pigtails glittered lightly from under the lighting, making her aquamarine irises glitter with them like diamonds in the ocean sand. Her posture looked like someone made her wear a corset for the first time. Meanwhile, Andrew was checking the time on his smart holo-watch, wearing a rather formally pricey outfit that made him look like a prince. Silver tassel epaulets on a light slate buttoned-up suit with pants and leather shoes. His black hair was pulled into multiple braided dreads and tied back into a ponytail and his chocolate skin lightly showed a nervous sweat.