Pt 3 2/2 : First Alliance Already?

It hasn't even been a minute and I have already found something shiny on the ground. Normally in Pokémon games, when you find something shiny on the ground, you can keep it. I walked over to it, and it turned out to be my phone, but it didn't look the same. It looked like that legendary Pokémon fellas light-formed silhouette that shot me from the sky. It was glowing, like the Pokémon, but beeping like a morning alarm. Picking it up, I analyzed it in my hands. I felt a strong aura of some sort, emanating from the phone's new form. I saw a message pop up on the screen and recognized the words. I could almost hear the voice the words belonged to.

"I bestow upon thee this Arc Phone and thy mission: seek out all Pokémon."

I put it in my pocket, frowning slightly with uncertainty. I didn't ask to be sent here by this "Arceus" dude before my planned time, and I was hoping to have a more comfortable voyage. Not one that took me by surprise. All in all, the cons weighed my pros, and I was on the verge of contacting an SOS of confusion to my pals back home.  I looked around more, trying to distract myself once I started speeding into a speed walk. While doing so I kept my hand over my blind eye because I started to feel self-conscious. "..." I found the professor. Another spacious area, but more like a paradise for the gods and goddesses of the earth. I could hear a stressed-out sigh more clearly when I got closer to Laventon.

"Alas… Yet another miss!"

"Hey, um, I'm here to help," I spoke softly to not spook him.

"Aha! I'm glad you've come to my rescue, my new friend from the sky!" *You can just call me by my surname, you know. It feels awkward when you mention me falling from the sky like it's normal.* I suppressed my thoughts. "I tried catching my little runaways by tossing some Poké Balls their way, but I'm not the best at this sort of thing, you see…"

This made me ponder about what he was going to ask me to do. I'm not that good when it comes to throwing either, but surely they won't attack you. They would only attack your partners, and when you run out of partners you run to the nearest Pokémon center. So they can't be that bad, right?

"How about you let me have a shot? I'm familiar with Pokémon, remember?" I was already stepping a foot, metaphorically, ahead of him. This might help with the trust part.

"I'd love to give you a go at it, but perhaps I should tell you a bit about these three first?"

"Um, sure I guess?"

He goes and explains what each Pokémon was, and what they are like, and I was taking mental notes about it. I hummed in response to a few comments here and there. And then I got distracted by the thought of how Laventon didn't question me keeping my eye covered. And then Laventon went on about how to catch a Pokémon, handing me a few of his own Poké Balls.

Well, you have to throw the Poké Ball at a Pokémon instead of walking up to them to fight (and then weaken and catch). Y/N wasn’t kidding about this world being ancient, because the Poké Balls look like small bombs.

"I know we've just met, but I'm afraid I've no one else to turn to. I'd be awfully grateful if you could catch my three runaways!"

From what he explained, all I could think about from his words was dodgeball. So when he was done explaining, I pat his shoulder and went to the Cyndaquill first. Its fuming demeanor got me thinking it was a baby me, but shaking the odd thoughts aside I hid behind the boulders around it. I looked at the other side of the rock twice before running out and throwing it with my least dominant hand toward the side of its head. And then I waited, only to see sparklers fly out.

I only heard praise from the professor before going to the next one, Oshawott. It was heading into the water, smiling like a baby fairy. I slowly approached the pond, and as soon as it saw me I threw the ball, watching as it started to bounce. I could see the ball nearly drown itself before shooting out a firework-looking spark. More praise, more praise. But then I started to ponder more.