Chapter 5: A Gift to Cherish

For the first meeting, It was very awkward.

But Saito started to get comfortable around the little family of humans as they seem to be very enjoyable parents. Saito and Akeno laugh at jokes their parents will make with sarcasm, making Saito forget about what happened earlier. It made Saito smile to see how Akeno would laugh at her parent's reactions, knowing that Akeno has a positive relationship with them. This was the first time Saito witnessed a child... smiling with their parents of pure joy.

Saito stared at the floor for a bit at the thought of not knowing if he ever had a real family. He barely remembered what was his life was before he met Azazel and was accepted to live in Grigori. Saito hated the idea that he didn't know who he was... who were his original parents or how was his life before. Saito was too deep in his thoughts that he couldn't even here the raven haired beauty yelling out his name next to him.

Akeno: "Saito...? Saito!"

Akeno yelled louder which made Saito snap out of his zoning.

Saito: "Huh...? Yeah...?"

Saito's voice was a bit shaken as Akeno tilted her head in a cute manner.

Akeno: "Are you okay?..."

She was asking such a cute demeanor which made Saito's face turned a little red as he shook his head.

Saito: "No! No! I'm fine don't worry! You know... I am kinda hungry..."

Saito was a bit nervous as he rubbed his stomach, showing that he was hungry. Akeno giggled a bit as Shuri was winking at Baraqiel, making him cough on his tea.

Shuri: "Hungry? Well that is music to my ears. How about I make something for all of us to eat?"

Shuri smiled sweetly as the others agreed to the idea. Shuri went to the kitchen to go start cooking while the others prepare the table to eat. Saito was helping Baraqiel set the table as Shuri shouted in the kitchen.

Shuri: "Akeno! Dear! Can you help me in the kitchen?!"

Shuri shouted across from the kitchen, making Akeno jump from the shouting.

Akeno: "C-coming mommy!"

Akeno got up from the floor and ran into the kitchen to help her mom, leaving Saito and Baraqiel alone. The table was basically done as the two awkwardly sat across from each other, Baraqiel was sipping on some green tea that Shuri made for him earlier. Saito rubbed the back of his neck as some sweat came down from his face.

The two were in good terms when they are around Akeno and Shuri but alone... Yeah, things were gettting awkward easily. Saito looked down at his knees, trying his best not to shake them too much as he was wiping all the sweat from his forehead.

Baraiqel: "Saito. Was it?"

Saito jumped from the table as he looked at the grown man, face to face.

Baraqiel: "Would you like some tea or anything to drink while we wait? You seem to be sweating a lot."

Baraqiel was offering Saito a cup of tea as Saito smiled nervously at the black bearded man.

Saito: "Oh! That's quite alright! I-I'm not that thirsty a-anyways!"

Saito laughed at himself nervously as Baraqiel frowned a little.

Baraqiel: "I see... then I want to ask you a question."

Baraqiel stared at Saito with a serious look which made Saito shiver a bit. He gulped, hoping that Baraqiel doesn't decide to beat him up right here and now but Baraqiel's face soon turned from a frown to a smile.