Chapter 6: Just the two of us

It has been hours and Saito was still with Akeno and her parents.

Saito started to worry about him getting lost and for sure that Azazel was freaking out after losing his kid. The sun was setting and night started to come. Well it was too late for Saito to get back home now.

Saito: "Damn..."

Saito mumbled to himself as he looked at the night sky above him. Akeno was right next to him, snuggling against his warm embrace. She soon looked up and her violet eyes shined with curiosity

.Akeno: "What is wrong Saito?"

Akeno was asking in a worried tone as Saito's smile soon turned into a frown.

Saito: "Nothing. It's just...I should be going home right now. My guardian is probably worried about me."

Saito started to get up, standing on the floor before he was tugged back by Akeno.

Akeno: "Wait! You can't! You can't go out there alone! Especially when there are monsters in the forest!"

Akeno screamed, crying and begging as Saito was being dragged down onto the floor with an expression of confusion.

Saito didn't understand what "monsters" are in the forest but decided to give in, sitting back down beside Akeno so she wouldn't continue dragging him down.

Saito: "Alright... I guess I can stay here for a bit."

Saito smiled which made Akeno cheer up, wrapping her arms around him and embracing his warmth. Saito blushed before pushing her aside, trying his best to not make it awkward.

Akeno: "I'm going to go tell mama and dada that you are staying over!"

Akeno cheered as she got up and running back into the shrine to tell her parents. Saito sat back down, making sure that he wasn't gonna go anywhere. Saito looked up at the night sky as the stars shined.

Saito: " I have never seen real stars before..."

Saito reached his hand up to the night sky, imagining himself trying to pick up the stars up the night sky. Saito has always dreamed about going to the human realm but never realized how amazing it was... Now he understood why Azazel would come here so often. Saito wished that Vali was here to experience it with him since he was like a close friend to him, so close to where Saito could see Vali as a brother to him.

Despite Vali not being the most stable kid around, he was still considered a friend to Saito even if his main goal wise to kill someone but like... it's Vali, what do you expect?

Saito soon got up from his seating and began to make his way back inside the shrine before he was tackled down onto the floor by a certain familiar raven haired girl.

Saito: "A-Akeno?!"

Akeno was wrapping her arms tightly around Saito, almost to the point of strangulation. Saito patted on Akeno's back, trying to signal that she was hugging him a little too hard... Akeno screamed as she let go of Saito who was now drained on the floor.

Akeno: "Saito! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!"

Akeno was screaming and crying, shaking Saito violently which didn't seem to help at all. Saito began to cough, bringing himself back to life as he got up from the wooden floor, rubbing the back of his head.

Saito: "Ouch. I think I got a concussion. What got you so excited?"

Akeno: "Mommy and daddy said you can stay with us!"