The cell

Judith Grimes woke up in a cold, dark cell. The last thing she remembered was Negan choking her until she lost consciousness. She sat up and rubbed her neck, feeling the bruises that were already forming.

As she tried to piece together what had happened, she heard footsteps outside her cell. The door creaked open, and a man entered. He was wearing a leather jacket and had a scar on his face. Judith recognized him as Dwight, one of Negan's men.

"Good, you're awake," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"What do you want?" Judith asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

Dwight sneered at her. "Just checking on our newest guest," he said. "Don't get too comfortable. You're not going anywhere."

Judith bristled at his hostility. "What is your problem?" she demanded. "Why are you all doing this?"

Dwight just laughed. "You really don't get it, do you? Negan's in charge now. You either work for him, or you die. It's that simple."

Before Judith could reply, the door to her cell opened again. This time, it was a man named David. Judith didn't recognize him, but she could tell by the way he looked at her that he was trouble.

"Hey, little girl," David said, leering at her. "You're pretty cute. Maybe I can show you how things work here."

Judith felt her blood run cold. She knew exactly what he meant. She had heard stories from the other women at Alexandria about the things Negan and his men did to their prisoners.

"Get away from me," Judith spat.

But David just laughed and advanced on her. Judith stood her ground, ready to fight back. She had her switchblade in her pocket, and she wasn't afraid to use it.

Just as David was about to grab her, the door to her cell slammed open. Negan strode in, his face twisted in anger.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, David?" he growled.

David backed off, looking sheepish. "I was just messing around, boss," he said.

Negan shook his head. "You don't mess around with our prisoners. That's not how we do things here. Especially not teenyboppers. That shit is not cool."

" I didn't mean to do anything!", he said sheepishly

Without warning, Negan grabbed David by the throat and slammed him against the wall. Judith watched in horror as Negan squeezed the life out of him, his face turning purple.

As David slumped to the ground, Negan turned to Judith. "You're lucky I got here when I did," he said. "I don't take kindly to anyone trying to hurt kids"

Judith didn't know what to say. She was scared, confused, and more than a little angry. She had never felt so helpless in her life.

Negan looked her up and down, his eyes narrowing. "You've got a lot of fight in you, kid," he said. "I like that. Maybe there's a place for you here after all."