Chapter - 6: Her Knights And Her Champion

A slumped Louise lay lazily in her bed, all manner of etiquette gone in the privacy of her room.

"...nya." She snored.

It was past evening when Louise was permitted to leave the infirmary, surprising the nurses from how quickly she recovered from her magic deprivation.

Apparently her Magic stat also deals with the consequence of the absence of mana in one's body and helps them recover faster. Neet.

Currently she was in her dorm room, laying in her bed and sleeping in peacefully. The rest of the girls dormitory was empty, aside from the maid's doing their duties, as they went on their classes.

But wait, your asking, isn't it a school day for her too? Why is she sleeping in? In which yes, yes it is. It was nearing noon and by this time she would have been in her astrophysics class but the medical staff had advised her to take the school day off with the excuse of her being in recovery from her duel. They also informed the Headmaster of this arrangement to which he approved, to her delight.

"Munya."

Now she was enjoying the pleasure of slumber without interruption, feeling rewarded to fall into the land of dreams after the exhaustion of the previous day; affectionately hugging her pillow as she let out cute, adorable snores.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Unfortunately for Louise, the bliss of sleep would soon be deprived of her.

On the desk of her bed was a mechanical clock ticking it's arrows from 11:59 until soon...

RING RING! RING RING! RING RING! RRRIIIIINNNG!

Louise jumped on her bed from the sudden loud noise of ringing of metal bells and machinery, clockwork innards rattling with to make as much noise possible.

Slamming the palm of her hand on the top of the clock put a stop to the alarm.

Louise grumblingly sat up on her bed, looking at the dastardly machine that woke her up from her slumber.

'Who on Terra would ever have such a contraption..?'

It dawned on her not a moment later that she was the person who would buy the contraption. She had the habit of sleeping in and had trouble waking up.

'Right. I'm the one who needs to be awakened up by annoying bells.' She thought irritatedly.

It's not that she didn't wake up in time it's that whenever her mind starts working in the morning she would have a buffer period where she has extreme drowsiness that leaves her lazily slumped on her bed. It would be fifteen minutes later for her to actually come out of her coma and realize what time is it before going about her daily routine.

Professor Colbert was there to help her in that and gave her the 'clock' as he called it to help her wake up more often as she had been reprimanded for tardiness on several occasions because of her morning drowsy.

At the risk of it exploding in her sleep, Louise found it indispensable for her early morning rituals and academic life.

She had timed the clock to wake her up at early afternoon so that she may commence some plans she had for her dungeon.

After resetting the clock back to her regular schedule, Louise got up from her bed and began readying her bath.

Normally she would have a maid make her bath but she wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody right now and decided to do it herself. It wasn't particularly hard so why not do it herself.

After she added the soaps Louise submerged herself in the hot water and went through her mental checklist of things to do. On that checklist were five important objectives.